The Heart Behind the Scholarships - Introducing Cecil Murphey
Your stories, your entries and your nominations for others to win the WM Leadership Scholarship to She Speaks have been like finding rare treasure to me and my selection team!! I have four friends who are also leaders that will be serving on the Women's Ministry Leadership track at She Speaks in July who are helping me. We are still reading and praying over your entries, and I have to tell you-- this is REALLY hard.

We have fallen in love with you, your stories, your passion for ministering to women and your response to God's calling on your lives.

I've wanted to call the P31 office and beg our conference director to let you all come for free!! But I know that isn't possible. So, I'm trusting God to lead us to the winner He's already chosen.

I plan to announce the winner this Friday morning so be sure to sign up in the sidebar for email updates so you don't miss it.

In the meantime, I want to tell you more about Cecil Murphey, the heart behind the scholarships. He is an extremely gifted writer who has written over 100 books! This is quite impressive. But even more impressive is the way he encourages others with his time, his talents, and through his generosity. Cecil Murphey gives back and… he gives God all the glory.

Mr. Murphey was a special guest at She Speaks last year where he met with and encouraged women who carried their dreams of being published in their hands. He took time to look through their proposals and to offer his expert advice. He selflessly gave of himself to encourage these women and the experience had a profound impact on their lives.

Twila Belk (the Gotta Tell Somebody Gal) is Cecil's ministry co-hort and assistant who I had the wonderful privilege of meeting last year, too! She will be joining us this year for the third time. When we told her how excited we were to have her with us again, Twila said, “I see God at work at She Speaks and I want to be where God is working.” Nothing could encourage us more! These two are something special and it is such a blessing to witness their generous spirits and genuine hearts for others.

Oh, and just in case you weren't on my blog last week and haven’t heard about She Speaks, you can learn more about this life-changing conference at www.SheSpeaksConference.com.

Thank you Cecil Murphey for giving us the blessing of giving and receiving. May we follow your example of having a heart like Jesus. You inspire us all!

I'd love to shower Cecil with our appreciation today.
Please leave a short note for him, and I'll be sure to share them. Just click on the word "comments" below this post and type in the white box. Thanks!!



14 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Cecil,

Your generosity, vision and leadership are such an encouragement to ordinary women who long to be used extraordinarily by an extravagant God. Thank you for challenging us to be excellent as we carry God's messages.

When I'm discouraged, tired or busy and I get a little email with some of your advice, I feel ready to keep taking one step at a time. Thank you for truly investing your talent!

Many blessings to you!
Lisa Smith

PS I'm praying for you Renee :)

Blogger Danielle said...

There are so many ways God wants to use His children to not only further His kingdom, but to also bring Him glory through our every day lives and experiences. Thank you for being the man of God that you are and for being the willing vessel in which our Father can use to encourage, inspire, and uplift others!

I'm one that longs to win one of your scholarships, but I know if I'm not chosen, God has a purpose for it. And He has a purpose for the person that does win.

Thank you for your continued support!

Blogger Unknown said...

i am not a writer but i am a reader and i am thankful for people like you who will share their talent for all of us to gain from it. thank you :)

Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you, Mr. Murphey, for your generosity. It is inspiring to see you give back so much of what God has blessed you with. It is an extraordinary opportunity that you are offering someone. May God continue to bless you!

with admiration,
michelle skow

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Murphey, thank you for having the vision and a generous spirit that prompted you to sponsor scholarships that enable women like me to attend developmental conferences such as She Speaks.
I am so excited about this amazing opportunity. My mind is already swimming with the possibilities of the experiences that await me in Concord, NC at the She Speaks Conference. By reaching out and touching this one woman's life, you have created a never ending ripple effect of compassion.
Living my passion, Melody E

Blogger Lisha said...

Mr. Murphy,
Thank you for your generosity in giving scholarships to the She Speaks conference. I know that several women will be blessed because of your gifts. I am new to all of this and have bookmarked your webpage so that I too can begin gleaning from the wisdom that you share. May God richly bless you.
Sincerely,
Lisha Hunnicutt

Mr. Murphey,

Thank you so much for having a heart like Jesus and for being so generous to those who may not have the opportunity otherwise. Bless you, bless you, bless you.

Amy Dotson

Blogger Meredith Murray said...

I have not have the privelege to read any of your books yet, but I thank you for your dedication to furthering God's kingdom through your gift of writing and speaking. I look forward to hopefully reading some of your work soon. God bless you and all your work!

Mr. Murphey –
Have been touched deeply by your blog. May I share a bible verse and with Reticence and Rest rise up to offer you worthy thanks.

Moses spoke a song about you longtemps ago in Deut. 32:2.
“May your teaching drop as the rain, your speech distill as the dew, like gentle rain upon the tender grass.” You know that the dew was the symbol for “doctrine” to the Egyptians.

It’s a prayer that your spoken doctrine to this generation
would drip like ubiquitous rain and fall on thirsty men,
penetrating hearts unaware, producing good words, changing lives.

From raging rainstorms of prickly pins
to gentle rains light like hairs
drop over distress, discouragement, depression, despair.
Rain from Heaven. Words from God.

Falling down by Divine Disposal of God’s Good Grace.
Moistening and melting and molding hurting hearts of men.
Like the dew that falls in very dark places, even your own,
your words refresh, revive, restore, redeem.
The very “Speech of God”
for the weak and the weary and the wee ones like me
springing up in Grace upon the tender grass.

Decades of drops of dew from you, distil diffuse deliver the Love of God.
“For you proclaim the Name
All Greatness to our God!” Deut 32:3

With Gratitude, Bev

Blogger Unknown said...

Mr, Murphey,

I had the prividledge of meeting you last year at She Speaks, and I continually receive your encouraging words in my inbox on a regular bases. You are so kind to offer these scholarships so that others that have the talent and the God spirited heart may be able to use their talents it his world today. May God Bless you and Thank you for your generosity.

Kelly

Blogger Shelly said...

Mr. Murphy,

Thank you so much for offering your resources so that others can learn more about how to be effective in ministry.

Thank you also for the e-mails and newsletters. I enjoy gleaning from your experience.

Have a blessed day,

Shelly

Shelly S. Cantrell

Blogger Christie said...

Mr. Murphey,
Thank you for your generosity in providing these scholarships! I feel so blessed to have received one, and cannot wait to see what God has in store for me at the conference!

Anonymous Emily said...

Mr. Murphey,

Thank you for so graciously giving: giving your time, talents, and funds. Thank you for being faithful and allowing God to use you in His great purpose. It is an honor to be considered for the scholarships that you have so generously given. I pray that God will bless you tenfold as you honor Him.

Thank you again for so generously giving of yourself!

Emily

Anonymous Saundra D. Smith said...

One of the greatest gift you can give someone is knowledge. Your years of a wonderfully successful writing career is evidence of the blessings of God working in you life. Your generosity and compassion for others who are trying to do what you've already accomplished, shows that you are still humbled within the journey. You're a rare find. Praying God continues to poor out blessing upon you Cecil!

Post a Comment

Home