The Pumpkin Prayer
I love the fall. It's my favorite season. My kids love it too, but that is because Halloween is right around the corner and "candy lane" will soon open on our street. I want to encourage my kids to see it as a time to share sweet treats and God's love with others. I have been looking for creative ways bring Jesus into this sometimes controversial holiday. Here is something my friend Micca shared with me from a bookmark she has.

God has called us to be light in the world so we can shine for Him and give glory to our Father in Heaven! Make carving every pumpkin with your family a prayer.

Open my mind so I can learn about You,

(Cut the top of the pumpkin.)
"Set your mind on things above..." (Colossians 3:2)

Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do.

(Clean out the inside.)
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive..." (1 John 1:9)

Open my eyes so Your love I will see;

(Cut eyes shaped like hearts.)
"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good ..." (Psalms 34:8)

I'm sorry for turning up my nose to all You've given me.
(Cut a nose in the shape of the cross.)
"It is good to give thanks to the LORD..." (Psalms 92:1)

Open my ears so Your word I will hear;
(Cut ears shaped like the Bible.)
"Incline your ear, and come to Me..." (Isaiah 55:3)

Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near.
(Cut the mouth in the shape of a fish.)
"I shall ... declare the works of the LORD." (Psalms 118:17)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do! Amen.
(Place a candle inside and light it.)
"Let your light so shine before men..." (Matthew 5:16)

Ask God to fill you up so He can shine brightly through you. Share your faith with your friends and neighbors as they see your special pumpkin! "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven." (Matthew 5:16, NKJV)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home