Knowing Him, Making Him Known
My sweet friend and encourager, Lauren at FaithFuel, honored me with the *Mathetes Award. Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple is to make more disciples. What I love about Lauren is that she loves Jesus passionately and that she doesn't give up on me even when I get swallowed up by life and God, and disappear from blogger world. By the way Lauren, and friends, I am setting aside Monday mornings as "journaling my journey" day starting next week! I have so much to catch you up on, so ya'll come back now!

Back to the Mathetes award....a few years ago I asked God to give me a mission statement for my life. He wrote these words on my heart: To make Jesus famous.

More than anything, I want to know Him and be known by Him so deeply, that in knowing me - others will know HIM! Jesus said, "this is eternal life: that they may know You (Father God), the one True God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent (John 17:3). Friend, let's make that our prayer today - to know Him and make Him known.

I'd like to take the opportunity to award six other bloggers with this award for the creative and life-changing impact they are making as disciples and disciplers of Christ:
* The originator of the award is Dan King of management by God. If you know someone you'd like to honor with this award, please start a new string on your blog. Just be sure to list the originating site.


5 Comments:

Blogger LeAnn said...

Renee, thank you for the way you consistently support and encourage the efforts of others. You are always quick to deflect attention and praise away from yourself in favor of another. Jesus came to serve - not to be served and you reflect His heart every day as you encourage and inspire others. You make my heart smile! LeAnn

Blogger Micca said...

wow! I'm so honored that a friend I hold in high esteem because of her faith walk would think to give me an award. Thank you!! And congrats on receiveing yours!

Anyone who knows you knows that Jesus is the passion of your life. You do make Him famous in ways you're not even aware of.
Love you BIG,
Micca

Can't wait for this coming Monday to read your next post.

Blogger The Via Colony said...

Renee, I'm sitting here at 2:00am. Josh left yesterday morning for S.Korea for 2 weeks and I just can't sleep. It made me think of the conference we did together at New Sandy Creek and you were talking about how frightened you used to get when you're husband used to be gone. It made me smile. Praise the Lord for His protection!

May you be esteemed for becoming less so that He might become more.

Press on, sister!

Humbled by your grace...
Ann

Post a Comment

Home