You're the Reason
Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers as I pull away to work on my book proposal!! I finished my chapter summaries Friday night, and started writing sample chapters.

My eyes have been crossing and my brain is saying, "Enough already!" I don't think I've thought this hard or this much in all my life! This is really a challenge for a woman who processes her ideas verbally. Maybe I could just "speak" this book and it would come to be. Hmm, only God can do that, huh?

I just have to share how your prayers are working. God orchestrated something that only He could do to keep me focused. Last week, after I wrote my last blog post committing to get it done, an editor from Harvest House publishers called me at home. They wanted to see if I could meet with them this morning - because they just so happened to be coming to town and had a morning appointment slot open. My literary agent, who I have not talked to in months, told them I had a book proposal they ought to consider. She didn't even know I had been sent to "time out" to finish it.

Only God.

Only God knew I needed that confirmation. That deadline. That push. And only God knew now much my meeting with Terry Glaspey and LaRae Weikert from Harvest House would totally bless me. They had such a great questions and suggestions. Which means I may re-work my chapter outlines but for now I am staying focused on my sample chapters.

I know you have dreams of your own. Calls you wish would come. Doors you pray God would open. I know you are asking God for clarity and direction, provision and protection in your own life. As I step into the dream God is forming in my heart, I am praying for the dreams He has for you, too.

You are the reason I am writing this book. You are the woman I am thinking of as I stretch my heart and my brain cells. You are the woman I want to encourage and walk beside as you step out of the shadows of your doubts and walk in the confidence of who God has created you to be.

But you know what? I am the reason, too. I need this book just as much as anyone. I know what God has taught me and how far He's brought me, but I still need to walk that way again. So, I pray over and write each word for you. But I have a feeling God has me writing this for me, too.

Well. Enough about that. One more thing. I wanted to let you know about my friend Wendy Blight who is offering an online study on Wednesdays this summer. It's based on her book Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner which is about her journey to healing and freedom after a devastating sexual assault. I know for me, summer schedules make it hard to commit to a weekly gathering at a time and place, but an online study gives the flexibility we need. Check it out her blog!


9 Comments:

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Renee, Thanks for the update! So grateful the time out has been a success for you. I love that God has impressed on you the reason for the book. I'm looking forward to reading it and knowing the words are for you too really says something. I've been consumed by the shadow of doubt here and my husband keeps sharing a line from your DVD, what does Renee say, "Turn towards the light." I know that's what I need to keep doing, somedays just easier than others. Pray you are able to stay in HIS light as the journey continues. Blessings, Jill

Blogger Bonita said...

What a beautiful confirmation from God! I'm so glad the meeting went well too.

Blogger Kimberly said...

:) This post makes me smile! I am so very excited about all that God is doing in you, through you, and for you. :)

I know I am someone who will benefit from a book on dealing with self-doubt. Thank you for making yourself so available to God!

You have stayed on my heart and in my prayers. Oh...and I hope your brain and your eyes uncross soon. ;)
Love you!
K

Blogger Rachel Beran said...

I am so eager to read your book!

I felt like you were writing this post directly to me today, Renee. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for being faithful to the call God has on your life. Your words today encouraged me. I pray you feel encouraged today as well, as the Lord gives you the next words to write for me...and you. :)

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Don't you love how God plans all of this for His Glory? I am so glad that you are taking a much needed "time out" to get focused and work on that book. And...that you had the opportunity to get clarification and encouragement from Harvest House! His timing is perfect! Thank you for being obedient in all of this to glorify our King of Kings!

Love ya,
Susan

Blogger JottinMama said...

What an encouraging post today, Renee - one that I needed.

Know what else I think I might need? That book you are writing! It sounds awesome :) Isn't it cool how God teaches us through our own writing? I used to think that I would need to totally "arrive" in a certain area before writing about it - but instead - God has us grow through the whole process. So cool and so God, isn't it?

I'm praying for you as you wrap your mind around this book project! I can't even imagine what it's like to write a whole book! Sweet blessings to you!

-Kate :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you. . . . . your words always encourage and inspire me to see God in my life. Keep writing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your articles...they help to start my day.
Sandy

Blogger Pat said...

I am praying for you sweet friend, God has been talking to me about open doors lately. How thrilling to see that you are walking through one right now!!
My love to you!
Pat

Post a Comment

Home