A Lifetime Warranty
I've had workers in my house for the past two days hammering, banging, scraping, caulking and fixin' things. It's been so noisy!

I am not so crazy about noisy. In fact, I love quiet. And a whoppin' sinus/stress headache has really made me miss my quiet. I also miss having the house all to myself to get my work done and being able to leave when I need to.

Underneath all that missing and wishing, I keep telling myself to be thankful. After all, this work is being done for free as part of our one-year home warranty.

And this process was optional. We could have let our home warranty expire and waited until things were falling apart and we had to do something. But why would anyone pass up having things repaired at no cost?

So we opted for inconvenience with the promise of our brokenness being fixed. Our warranty came with a walk-through, which meant inspecting the whole house and making a wish list of things that needed to be made new.

Some things were obvious like the leaking toilet, the gap between our counter tops and tile back splash, the hardwood floors that pop when you walk on them and the creaking stairs.

I had to look more closely to find less noticeable things like nail pops and shoe molding in the kitchen that was peeling. I almost missed the hairline fractures in my bathroom, kitchen and laundry room tile.

This morning while I was running, I was thanking God for our home warranty and praying about some things weighing heavy on my heart. God reminded that I have another warranty that guarantees the promise of something new. I can ask Jesus to repair all kinds of brokenness, in the noticeable and not-so-noticeable areas of my life, because I have a lifetime heart-warranty from Him!

God's Word tells me that I am sealed with the Holy Spirit guaranteeing what is to come. He invites me to come to His throne of grace with confidence and ask Him to repair whatever is broken in my life.

I love that I don't have to wait for a scheduled walk-through. I can come to Jesus moment by moment and tell Him what I need. I don't have to make a list and coordinate any appointments or even be at home for Him to do the work.

He's available right now.

Right where I am.

With mercy and grace to help me in my time of need.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16


10 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

So good! :) There are ones that right away read like a great radio spot...this is for sure one. :)

Hope your stress headache is better soon and that there is some peace and quiet ahead in the near future.

So glad I can approach Him with confidence!
Love,
K

Blogger Angie said...

I am so thankful to know, and be reminded, that He can and will fix all my brokenness in His time.

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

What a beautiful analogy!

Blogger Chef Diane said...

That is a great analogy Renee. It's funny a dear friend of mine has had a heart defect since she was born. She was not expected to live past the age of 10, she is now 49. I saw her Sunday and she looks wonderful. He husband jokes about putting her in the shop for her 10,000 mile check up.

It;s not a bad idea, putting our lives in before God for those regular check ups. Even when things appear to be ok. There may be things going on inside that He can reveal to us before they get out of hand.
I think I need to go in for my tune up. Any one else?
Diane

Blogger Runner Mom said...

This is wonderful, Renee! Thank you for sharing! He is the great physician that can fix all brokeness!
Hope you get your quiet back soon! I know what you mean!!

Love ya!
Susan

Blogger The Dentons said...

Really good and really true! Thanks for the reminder!

Brandi Denton

Blogger Unknown said...

So glad I popped over! I needed to hear those words today!

Love you!

I still haven't made my video for the conference contest for later this year! YIKES!

I need to do that!

Love you,
Tammy

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

What a cute post, Renee, and a good reminder to be thankful in the midst of the noise!

Funny--I'm visiting my son & daughter and 4 grandkiddos, and just today the cabinet guy was here (banging away)--and it was free here as well since they bought a new home back in November. Very appropriately timed post :)

P.S. I've been praying for you and Lysa (and all the P31 staff) and will continue through She Speaks. Hope your headache evaporates!

Blogger Becky Avella said...

I'm so thankful that our Warranty with Him doesn't expire. I call for repairs often. : )

I hope you are having a blessed weekend.

Blogger Joyful said...

A few years ago a ladies ministry began here entitled, "Women Unlimited". I wrote a devotional for them, "Lifetime Unlimited Warranty". I forgot about it until reading this post.

I had just made a purchase of a new cutting board that came with a "Lifetime limited warranty". The devotional I wrote listed countless unlimited warranties we have in Christ eg. unlimited forgiveness, unlimited power, unlimited peace, unlimited freedom, unlimited living, unlimited assurance etc.... So thankful for God's lifetime unlimited warranty!

We truly are "Women Unlimited" because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Phil.4:13).

Praying I will make use of my warranty,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home