Rising Again Because He's Risen in Me
This week I added an new email tagline: "Rising again because He's risen in me."

It came to me after my posts last week about getting up again. Jesus really is the only reason I can!

It is also the perfect reminder for as I prepare for Easter. I can rise again because He rose for me and He's risen in me!

Did you know that
His resurrection power is available to us who believe.? That same power that raised Jesus from the dead can raise us up from our discouragement, our despair, our doubts, our discontent, our dejection, our disappointments.


His resurrection power fills us. Transforms us. Completes us.

And it's available to us!

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms..." Ephesians 1:18-20

That is one of the most powerful truths and promises of Easter! Jesus rose from the dead because God gave Him resurrection power. Then when Jesus met with His disciples in the upper room, He breathed His resurrection spirit into the lives of those believers. And He wants to do the same for us. We are sealed with the promise of His Holy Spirit!

This week, our family is preparing our hearts for Easter and looking for ways to talk about the power and promise that is available to us on a daily basis because of what Jesus did for us. I want my kids to know that Jesus didn't die on the cross just to get us out of Hell and into Heaven, but He died and rose again to get Himself into us!!!

We are going to start reading parts of "Six Hours One Friday" by Max Lucado starting today through next Monday. And we'll be doing our Easter tradition of remembering His resurrection by baking resurrection rolls Easter morning.

Here is what that entails...

Ingredients:
• 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
• 8 large marshmallows
• ¼ cup melted butter
• Cinnamon
• Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Directions:
1. Give each person one triangle-shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.
2. Each person/child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ.
3. Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.
4. Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow (not like a typical crescent roll up, but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside).
5. Make sure all seams are pinched together well--sealed tightly like Jesus' tomb was (otherwise the marshmallow will "ooze" out of the seams).
6. Bake about 12-15 minutes.
7. Cool.
8. Break open the "tomb" and it will be empty!

Not sure how old your kids are or if you have any. But if so, I wanted to tell you about some SIMPLE ways to LINK your family together spiritually through SPLINK at D6!

Splink is
a FREE weekly email packed with ideas to help connect your family spiritually. Splinks can also help you use teachable moments to pass along spiritual truths and life lessons while making memories or just having fun together. Sign up now.

And before I go, what are your Easter plans? Do you have any favorite traditions to share with us?


3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks! I signed up! :)
And I was just looking at that recipe the other day. I do believe we will have to give those a try this year!
Blessings!
K :)

Blogger Sandy said...

We have done the resurrection rolls before and I love how it teaches even the little ones the idea that even though Jesus died, he didn't stay in the tomb. He know lives in us!

I also love the D6 link. My kids love doing stuff like that. We purchased the "Hands-on Bible" from Group publishing for my daughter for Christmas and have done several of the activities in it.

Blogger Kimberly said...

Happy Easter, friend!

I was thinking of you this morning and praying for you and your family as I pulled out all of the ingredients for the resurrection buns. Obviously I should have been paying closer attention to what I was doing...I accidently mixed sage in with my sugar. YUM! Thank goodness I noticed as soon as I did it. :)

Hope you are having a blessed day with your family!
Love to you!
K

Post a Comment

Home