Made in the secret place
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth...Psalm 139:15

My cousin sent me this in an email. I'd read it before, but when I read it this morning it sunk into a place in my heart that needed to smile and be reminded that I have great worth because I am wonderfully made, and so are you!

*********************************

By the time the Lord made woman,
He was into his sixth day of working overtime.
An angel appeared and said,
"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"

And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?

She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,
have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart... and she will do everything with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements.
"Only two hands!? No way!
And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.
Wait until tomorrow to finish."

"But I won't, " the Lord protested.
"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick
AND can work 18-hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman.
"But you have made her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed,
"but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.

The Lord replied,
"Not only will she be able to think,
she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something,
and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak,"
the Lord corrected,
"that's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy,
her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love,
her loneliness, her grief and her pride."
The angel was impressed.
"You are a genius, Lord.
You thought of everything!
Woman is truly amazing."

And she is!

Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
but they hold happiness, love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer
when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about
a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member,
yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give

However, if there is one tiny flaw in women, it's that they forget their worth.

*********************************

I don't know why I felt like God wanted me to share this, but I did. My prayer is that YOU will remember your worth today!

No matter how unseen you feel at times, you are not hidden. You are uniquely crafted by God's very own hands and you matter! You have been carved out for a purpose that only you can fulfill. You are wonderfully made because you are God's work, His masterpiece created in Christ to fulfill the plans He has for you today!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14


29 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Blight said...

How I needed this today, Renee. I have been sick for a few days, fever and all...feeling sorry for myself as I made lunches this morning and drove car pool...thinking don't I ever get a break!! Your words fed my soul this morning.

Thank you!

Wendy

That was wonderful! Thank you so much :)

Blessings,
Tami
Praying Jeremiah Home SOON!
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Renee,

This is so wonderful, I am going to print it and keep it close. We women are pretty awesome, thank you for the reminder.
Have a great week,
Diane

Blogger Angie said...

You shared this today because it can reach out and help the hurting hearts of those who read it.
I am so glad you shared this today.

Thank you!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I needed! Thanks!

Blogger Kimberly said...

Definitely put a smile on my face and in my heart today, too. We women for sure tend to forget our worth!

Love to you,
K :)

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

When I arrive in heaven, I'm absolutely convinced that there will be a sparkling lake which contains my tears...no bottle is large enough! LOL

Thank God for those tears of laughter, tears of joy, tears of relief, tears to vent, tears of healing.

Loved this, Renee. Thanks.

Blogger Wendy Mueller said...

Renee, once again you hit right on target. It's been one of those days that when my husband got home I just locked myself in the basement to pray and refresh. My heart is a little lighter now and willing to face the rest of the day.

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee, I was just sharing these very thoughts of being 'unseen' right now. Thank you for reminding me that I am God's Masterpiece.

Have you ever heard the song, "Masterpiece" sung to the tune of "Majesty"? The lyrics are:

Masterpiece, God's perfect masterpiece
I am chosen and called to be His own;
Masterpiece, I am God's masterpiece,
Beauty He gives, daily He lives His life in me.
So I'm free, perfectly free to be all He asks of me;
Taking His hand, my life is planned
He leads the way.
Masterpiece, I am God's masterpiece
Work of His hands!
I understand!
Jesus is Lord!"

Needing His reminder,
Joy

Blogger Judy said...

Oh I love love love this!

Judy.

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Thanks for sharing Renee! It can be amazing how fast we forget our own worth, but it is a truth we need to remember. Seems I needed that reminder today. I pray you are remembering that as well.
Blessings,
Jill

Blogger Amy Carroll said...

There's nothing like girls! I'm counting down to our girl time!!

Amy

Blogger Dawn Ward said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder, Renee.

Love and Blessings,
Dawn

Blogger DOakley said...

Thank you, Renee! We have no reason to feel unwanted or not special. Thanks for the reminder.

Darlene

Blogger Stacey said...

thank you.

Blogger Monica said...

Thank you for sharing Renee. I needed to know my worth and that all the characteristics of a woman God gave us. So it's okay to laugh, cry, feel, give, and love when we feel it most, not just when someone tells us how to respond when. This let me know that I am okay as I am and that each day I get to be even more of what God wants me to be in my own way.

Know that this brings comfort to so many of us in all that we do.

Thanks,
Monica

Blogger JottinMama said...

Thanks for sharing that, Renee :)

Precious!

Have a nice week,
Kate :)

Anonymous Angi said...

I think sometimes we forget our worth. Thank you so much for sharing this and feeding my soul.

God Bless!
Angie

Blogger Runner Mom said...

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!! I left you a message on your facebook. :)

Hugs!
Susan

Blogger Pat said...

I love this Renee. Us girls really are special to God!!
I hope your week is going well!
Blessings,
Pat

Blogger Becky Avella said...

Thank you so much! I needed that today. : )

Blogger ConnieH said...

I have seen this before, but not for years. And it's come at a great time. Lately I have been seeing only the "outside of me", which is a bit larger than I would like, so this was a very good reminder that there is more to me than my appearance. Thanks for sharing Renee.

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Renee,

Just wanted to thank you for the sweet comments, emails and prayers. They are helping to sustain us.

You are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Sweet blessings,
Pearls

Anonymous Kelly Finn said...

I agree with your survey doubt/fear keeps us from lots and destroys a lot in our life or what could have been in our lives if we allow it. The only thing i did not fully agree with is the statement that it promises to (transform?) you cant make a promise like that when it comes down to the individual wanting this to change. A book will not simply change a persons doubt it can help endlessly but it comes down to that person and God.

Anonymous Roxann said...

I would love to able to overcome my doubts, and an to be able to raise my daughter up right. I'm a single parent, and its very hard.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.. I did finished the survey. The book would be really helpful, thanks for giving a few away.

God bless!

Deb

Anonymous Jama said...

I entered for the free book, I want it for my sister who struggles with shame and guilt and a past filled with abuse. Thanks



I love this ministry!

Anonymous Monique said...

Hi Renee,

I completed the survey and it's made me realize..I doubt more than I thought!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Monique

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Renee,

I took your survey. I really look forward to your book.

Iris

Post a Comment

Home