Caught Between the Moon and New York City
Here I am getting ready to take off. I am going to New York City with my frequent-flying friend who got bumped up to first class along with her oh so sweet assistant. Who by the way gave up her seat and made me take it so I could fly first class!! Is she not the most giving girl?

Isn't it sweet that in the midst of a really hard week God had already planned this oh so fun trip with with Lysa and Holly! I love getting away with my friends but it's such a rare thing. And I have no responsibities this weekend- yay! All I have to do is have fun, eat and shop. No thinking, no planning, no crying unexpectedly when I see a sweet photo of two little girls, no wondering what's next in our adoption journey. Just a little escape.
And Lysa brought her camera so we'll be posting some fun photos of our adventures. We're headed to lunch and then shopping. Do you have any fun suggestions? Places we should go, things we should see?

I've been humming this tune all day.


For more fun photos and the low down on our day, click here to go to Lysa's blog.


12 Comments:

Blogger Chef Diane said...

I think it is awesome how God takes notice of the little things that matter to us. How great that you get to be pampered! It was very cool that you got to enjoy it with a good friend.
My suggestion is go to FAO Schwartz, go play, have fun and laugh.
Hugs,
Diane

Blogger Chaplain Cris Nole said...

You girls are so silly!!!!

I hope you have fun.

Love
Cris

Blogger RefreshMom said...

Have a great time! Of course, that really goes without saying since you're headed to NYC with girlfriends. Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend.

Pick a show, any show and see what kind of tickets they have left over.

Go iceskating at Rockefeller Center (that would make for some really good photos, I bet!).

Spend some time at the gigantic Barnes and Noble.

At least, that's what I would do.

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oh, what fun! And just when you needed it. God is so good. I hope ya'll have a ball!

Blogger Melissa Milbourn said...

I'm glad Lysa's nostrils were clean :-)(referring to the picture)

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

I'm glad god planned a trip for the three of you! It looks like loads of fun!

Blogger Kelly said...

Hey - I just clicked over from Lysa's blog. I did some "back up" reading too. I am so sorry you've been going through a tough time and SO HAPPY you have this chance to get away. What a blessing to be with friends and have your broken heart nurtured and hugged, and eat good pizza and buy cute purses.

Renee - I am so glad you believe that God knows the plans he has for you! Plans not to harm you, but to give you HOPE. Keep hoping!

In His love, Kelly

Blogger Unknown said...

Just heard Mark Shultz song about adoption and praying for you that the Lord opens the door to your new daughters soon! God bless!

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Renee,
I'm glad you are able to get some 'girl' time away. I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you joy and encouragement through this trip.

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Kimberly said...

:)
I was so happy when I saw over at Lysa's that you are in New York having a great time. Okay...maybe a kind of dangerous time with all of your taxi cab adventures :), but also lots of fun. God is so good and has such perfect timing!

Praising Him for times of refreshment! Have fun! And I'll be praying for your taxi cab safety!!! :)

Blessings,
K

Blogger Chef Diane said...

So glad to see the fun at FOA and to hear of my new sisters in Christ.
Blessings,
Diane

Blogger familyof8 said...

Renee,
Thanking God that He allowed you this time after a curve in the adoption journey. I have been praying for your adoption since last Nov (met on the cruise). I know that you are trusting in our big God to work out the details...but the wait is never easy. We always learn through the wait. I did a word study on "wait" while we were waiting on our little girl.The bible has lots to say about waiting....
Blessings,
Christine

Post a Comment

Home