Telling Our Stories
If you are new to my blog, welcome! I am in the middle of telling about an adventure God took me on this month when my family hosted some women from Africa. The story starts here.

For those of you who visit often, thanks for your friendship and for praying for my time with the women from Kenya. I left off last week here and continued here.


I am going to indulge in some writing today. As I tell the rest of my Amani story (which is in order from top to bottom) I pray for words to describe how God's presence invaded new places in my heart and soul. I find myself wishing I could've told you as it was happening, so that you could journey with me and so that it wouldn't feel like so much to tell now. I hope you won't tire from reading it all. But then again as we re-tell our stories, we relive them and in reliving them, we can see the hand prints of God more clearly than we could while it was being written by Him.

For those of you waiting to
read, "The Story Behind the Steamer," I will tell the in-between parts because they make the ending that much better, but if you want to skip ahead the post is the last one for today.

My prayer is that as you read my story, you will hear Him inviting your heart to trust Him more in your everyday adventures of faith.


3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

"As we re-tell our stories, we relive them and in reliving them, we can see the hand prints of God more clearly than we could while it was being written by Him."

Oh Renee, how I found that to be true while writing the 20-some posts about my "She Speaks" weekend and adventure with God. Looking forward to reading all the details and fingerprints of God over your life.

Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Smileyface said...

Renee...
You are such a blessing.
Thank you for sharing your heart thru this experience with these women and all God is doing in your lives. It is an encouragement and testimony of how Great our God truly is and how much He loves us....that He would take care of every single detail.
BLessings...Laura

Blogger RefreshMom said...

Thank you for sharing your story. What a blessed week it sounds as though you've had!

God gave me an "adventure" of my own that's been tucked quietly in my heart all week as I'm still not sure what to think of it and what to do with it, but I am trying to be sensitive to how He might want me to reach out. There are cultural and religious differences at play, and issues that typically stay tightly shut up behind closed doors spilled across the yard onto my doorstep this week.

I have been tentative about seeing myself in any kind of intentional or active role, but I appreciate your admonition to see the "adventure" before me.

Post a Comment

Home