Blessed to Be a Blessing
My friend Suzie always says, "I am blessed to be a blessing." She loves to shop and when she finds something she likes, she'll often buy one for someone else, too. Or if someone mentions they like something she has, she'll sometimes just give it to them. My friend Zoe is known for this kind of kindness, too. She is constantly taking off her jewelry, slipping off her shoes or emptying her purse to give it to an admirer. I am so blessed to know these amazingly giving women!

My friend Lysa lives this truth in a very powerful way as well. Although she has also been known to give away her favorite things, she has blessed me the most through the power of her encouraging words and through the invitation to share the blessings of ministry and life.

Lysa has a way of seeing beyond who a person is to who they can become. She believes with all of her heart that God has a dream for each woman and she loves to help a woman discover that dream and equip her to accomplish it. She has done that for me and countless others!

What I love is that Lysa doesn't try to make those dreams come true. She knows that is God's part. But she gives of her time, her talents, her wisdom and her encouragement to create a setting where a woman can listen to God and see how He is leading. She does that through her blog, her speaking, her books and through a conference P31 hosts called, "She Speaks."

Lysa always looks for ways to share her ministry blessings with others. If God opens a door of opportunity, one of her first thoughts is, "How can I share this with others? Who could benefit from this opportunity as well?"

She's told me she once her Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-A, say that if you help enough people fulfill their dreams you will eventually fulfill yours. I have never known anyone who lives that principle as passionately and as purely as she does.

So, today I want to bless it forward by praying that God would show me how I can help someone see beyond who they are to who they are becoming in Him, and encourage them in their dreams. I don't know what that will look like, but I am listening and looking for His direction today. In fact, I am on my way to meet a new friend for coffee, I wonder if it's her!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee,
Your blog entry truly has made an impact. I want to be a person who "blesses forward." I made a comment yesterday, and I'm reporting back. My daughter and I wrote a thank you card to the friend who took time to bring us lunch and groceries. What a small thing, but what a big difference the encouragement can make; she needs to know what a blessing she was. And I feel resolved to trust the Lord in using me to help others more. Even today, he's given me the opportunity to help someone in need of the comfort I received from the Lord at one time in my life, and I'm thankful to be able to bless that comfort and wisdom it foward. Thanks again for your insights and wisdom--I appreciated reading your thoughts on Lysa. God is using you! Janine

Blogger Joanie Butler said...

Having read the comments from the Monday post, I had an idea about how I could "bless it forward." There is one particular lady in my current bible study who has been growing in the Lord in leaps and bounds during the past year. I asked her if she would consider attending "She Speaks" with me in 2009. I told her that I had noticed how much God has softened her heart and called her into a more intimate and close relationship with Himself over the last year and I felt that God has a specific task in mind for her to begin working on. I encouraged her to pursue her spiritual gifts and have asked her to assist with our women's ministry program at church.

I feel truly blessed when God allows me to come alongside Him and join in His work for the Kingdom. How awesome is it that God has allowed me to witness the growth in my sister and friend? Truly, God's riches are far better than anything this world has to offer.

God bless and walk in faith!

Blogger Lysa TerKeurst said...

Dearest Renee...

Your thoughts have touched my heart so deeply.

Thank you so very much.

Lysa

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Renee,
I agree as I too love reading Lysa's words and am so encouraged. But I'd have to say you do the same! Keep it up God is using you in wonderful ways. Thanks for blessing me, Jill

Blogger Joyful said...

My friend, Lysa certainly has had a major impact on my life - I will never forget how she blessed me last March and how she has encouraged me to choose faith over fear.

But, YOU have also been used by God to bless me more than you'll ever know! Your messages to me and your sweet friendship across the miles, has helped me see beyond who I am, to all that God desires me to be. The times that you have sent me personalized scripture passages to claim and told me that you are praying for me have encouraged me in ways you'll never fully know. Your writings on your blog, your authenticity, your acceptance, your love for the Lord have all spoken volumes to me. YOU ARE A BLESSING!

Thanks for blessing me,
Joy

Blogger Kimberly said...

I just wanted you to know that you blessed ME! Thank you so very much for your comment on my blog tonight. I always try to be transparent, but I was afraid that maybe I had just gone too far on that last post. I know it was God's perfect timing and sweet way for you to actually stop by, read that post, and encourage me...not judge me.

So know that you HAVE for sure been a blessing in my life today. And I love this idea of bless it forward. :)

I was having a really, really rough morning about two weeks ago when a mentor of mine called me and prayed with me. Little did I know that I was going to end up praying that same morning with two ladies I am over in MOPS. God had refreshed me, and I was then able to refresh others...and I didn't pray for them out of pride or thinking I had it all together. I was so humbled by how He had loved on me that I had to pass on that grace. I hadn't really realized at that time that I was in the midst of "blessing it forward."

Anyways, long comment short...thank you, thank you for coming by and commenting. God is so tender!

:) K

Post a Comment

Home