Beautiful Faces, Beautiful Hearts
Ethiopian children have the most beautiful faces and hearts! Every time I see them, I want more than one. And this is coming from a woman who wasn't so crazy about the idea of adopting any kids from any country. I liked my comfortable, fairly predictable life. But boy has God worked His ways in me and given me His heart for the children in Ethiopia.

On Wednesday night JJ came home from a three day camping trip with Andrew and his whole 5th grade class. The first thing he did was run to the mailbox to see if the most updated DVD of waiting children had arrived. It was there! He took a shower and watched the DVD completely through without me. I was doing something (probably blogging) and didn't even know he was watching it.

He made a list of girls that fit in our age range plus a few extra that he liked that are a year or two older. Then he gave me the list and asked me to watch the DVD. I was drawn to all the same girls he'd picked. Together we narrowed it down to nine and emailed their names to our agency.

One set of siblings was already on hold but the rest of the girls were still available. I was hoping God would narrow it down a little more for us. There was only one set of girls (who are sisters) that are within the age range we stated on our home study. We prayed that God would show us what to do. Are these the girls He has for us? Or are we supposed to do an addendum to our home study and adopt one of the others that is a little older?

We both went back and forth. We didn't know what to do or how to decide. So we didn't decide anything. We knew this wasn't something for us to figure out. This was a decision that had already been made before eternity was set in our hearts - before we had ever taken a breath - before we even knew that our lives would become one.

For the past 48 hours we have been praying and pondering all of the possibilities. Our hearts have moved across the board and landed in more than one place. But separately God has brought us both back to the same place and we have made our decision!

We are pursuing the adoption of two beautiful little girls who are seven and nine. I wish I could tell you more but we cannot share anything about them until we hear back from our agency and we are approved. I cannot wait to tell you their names and to show you the two beautiful blessings God has been preparing for us!


16 Comments:

Blogger Joanie Butler said...

WHOOHOO! How awesome. I am so happy that you are to this stage in the process. This is when it starts getting real and when you can begin to invision having these two little miracles of God in your home. I am so excited for you, JJ and the boys. I can't wait to hear what their names are and to see their beautiful faces.

I'll be praying!! {{HUGS}}

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Oh, Renee! How awesome is the power of God! Thank you for reaching out and following His will as you continue to grow your family in love. As an adopted child myself, I know how special it is to be "chosen." I'll be keping you and the boys in my prayers. Can't wait for updates.

Hugs,
Susan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Renee! I am so glad I popped over! Congratulations! What a wonder!

Don't you just LOVE the way God works, and how He prepared us separately for His big ideas!

I can't wait for details, (and PICTURES) but I will be patient.

I will pray for your DAUGTHERS... what an exciting phrase!

Blessings,

Helen

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Oh, Renee! That is such exciting news. I will continue to pray with you. I cannot wait to hear more!

Blogger Bonita said...

Renee, that's so exciting to actually have real faces on your dreams now. WooHoo!

Blogger gunningfam05 said...

Renee
That is SOO exciting!!!
How long does the process take now that you have decided on the 2 girls.
Before you know it you will have lots and lots of pink/purple running through your house:)
You, JJ and the boys must be so excited.
I will be praying that the process is swift/sure:)
Looking forward to the next update:)
Love,
Chrissy Gunning

Blogger Chaplain Cris Nole said...

Hey Girl,
Praying for your daughters and your men....

Love You Bunches
Cris

Blogger LeeBird3 said...

Glory to God! I am thrilled for you, Renee!

Praying for God to show Himself in amazing ways! Lee

Blogger Jessie said...

Renee, HOW EXCITING! Looking forward to seeing your miracles joine your family! As I look at my own two beautiful miracles ( one haitian and one domestic interracial adoption) I am just thankful to God, that He blesses us with these precious children!

Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh, how your hearts must be bursting with excitement! I love how you know that this decision has already been made! God has always known!!! Blessings to you and your family as you open up your hearts and lives to His perfect plan! Your joy spills out from every word you typed!

Blessings!
Love and prayers,
Kimberly

Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Wow! Happy for you.

I woke up two mornings ago. And the word I heard in my heart, three times even, was orphans. Orphans. Orphans.

Not sure what to think. But I do have a heart for those without a home or a family.

Blogger Carol Davis said...

Renee...
I am so excited for you!
My prayers are with you as you wait on God.
Ps. 62:5

My prayers go with you! Can you even imagine this moment in the lives of those children...having no idea what's ahead for them?! Praying they make it to their new home in swift measure.

I'm so excited for you.

peace~elaine

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oh, Renee! I am so excited! I cannot wait to read more about this. Praying with you during this process.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

elections today:
I have had many conversations with my grown children about this election and the importance of engaging in the voting process. It is a critical time. For the first time since I have had the privilege of voting we may see the rights that we have come to cherish slowly slip away.

If one party gets control of all 3 legislative branches, with the media firmly entrenched in their camp, the checks and balance system will be threatened.

Our God is mighty and He will prevail through any turmoil we might face. However, he has called us to stand up and stand firm. The shifting sands may cause our nation to stumble but our faith is secure on the Solid Rock.

Blogger Edie said...

Oh how wonderful, for you and for those little girls. I'm so excited for you all. I really am, I'm tearing up over here and I don't even know why. God Bless you all!

Post a Comment

Home