The Power of One
Last week we featured a devotion at P31 about the power of ONE. We also emailed a letter to our devotion readers inviting them to partner with us in prayer and to financially support what God is doing through Proverbs 31 Ministries. The response has encouraged our hearts in ways we cannot even describe. That same morning there was a message on the office's voice mail from a woman who was going to end her life the day before. She was hopeless...but God. The day before she had read our devotion about God's healing, and she found hope in Jesus - the One and Only.

This past week, letters poured into the office reminding us of what God is doing...and why we do what we do. Here are a few letters we received:

I wanted to share with you how much God used your daily devotions during my time in Beijing. I was a member of a team of 42 people with Action Ministries International sharing the Gospel during the Beijing Summer Games...As we struggled with the obstacles before us the "Encouragement for Today" devotions were always timely in their message. It was as if God had you pen those words just for us. Even when the devotion had to do with something like marriage, the Holy Spirit gave us an application for the ministry we were doing. It was unbelievable. I just wanted to say thank you! ~ Peggy

As a sister in our Lord Jesus I wanted to tell you that I was going to delete your email requesting financial help yet I realized that we all need help all the time – in these economic days especially. My husband and I are very blessed to have a great marriage yet we support his elderly mother and mine. My brother in law is dying of cancer and my sister needs financial help. I know my life is typical and yet $1 doesn't seem like too much to give. Then I thought of all those ladies who would love to give $5 or $10 yet they pass up your email because they too feel the pinch at the markets and gas pumps. This is not the largest check I had to write this month but here is my $1 and here is one dollar for each of the 29 other sisters who hit delete instead of saying, "Yes Lord, I'll do what I can." God bless you every one! ~ Jana (Sacrificially sent $30 with her note)

I love, love, love your ministry. Thank you so much for your daily e-mails. They have kept me going when, at times, I felt I couldn't live through one more day. YOU promised me that, through Christ, there is a brighter tomorrow!! Thanks for giving hope to those of us who often feel our lives are hopeless!!! ~ Pam

I just wanted to let you know how much of a blessing I find your daily devotions. I have really been struggling with issues lately and it seems as if daily your messages are tailor-made for me. God has SO blessed me through your ministry and want to thank you for the encouragement, hope, perspective and promises received. Praising God for you ~ Cindy

Since I've begun to start my morning quiet time with your devotions, I felt the need to send in my thanks for such a meaningful start to my day. The writers of these thoughtful pieces clearly have prayer and depth behind their words. I have never failed to come away with something I could use, immediately, to better my walk with God and my experiences with my family.I am grateful for the work you all do for so many, and thank you specifically for the work you effect in my own heart. May God continue to bless your ministry. ~ Carol

The timing of this campaign and the stories that followed were perfect, and God knew it. As you know, ministry is hard. It gets lonely, we get exhausted at times. At Proverbs 31, the number of lives we touch far exceeds our capacity to do so. It's much like Jesus feeding the 5,000. He takes the little we have in staff and time and multiplies it beyond our imagination.

Last week was a powerful reminder about the difference we can make as a ministry and the difference we can make as one person for one life, one heart, one person at a time.

If you'd like to read the the devotion click here. If you'd like to find out what a difference your partnership with P31 can make, click here and if you'd like to support the ministry click here.

Thank you for your prayers for us and your prayers for me. I also wanted to let you know that I am finally starting on my book proposal and sample chapters this weekend. My topic is on how we can live beyond the shadow of our doubts. I'll keep you posted on my progress, and I'll be turning to you for wisdom, insights and prayer as things get going.



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Renee:
May God bless your book proposal and sample chapters this weekend. I am ceratin they are going to be wonderful. I am on that same journey this weekend with my own book. I've been trying to get chapters 2 and 3 done along with the book proposal for the past three weekends. Have failed each time. But this weekend God showed me the cause of my dibilitating headaches and now I can actually have coherent thoughts. I'll be praying for you this weekend as I take a similar journey! Blessings to you!

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Renee,
Yes there is power in One and thank you for sharing the stories. I'll be praying for you and your work with the book. I finally took a step with mine and signed a contract just this past Thursday. It is scary, but yet exciting because this is all a part of God's plan and so much bigger than me. As I was thinking yesterday though doubt was creeping in and I stopped to pray because I know that won't be the last time. Anyway Renee thanks for your encouraging words that have led me to this point and I'm still praying for you as your journey continues.
Blessings,
Jill

Blogger Joyful said...

Was already in prayer for you early this morning my friend. Praying the Lord will continue to lead and direct as you write for Him.

Channels only,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home