Blessed!
I am back from Camp Berea in Hebron, NH! Another amazing weekend that I will not soon forget. I have to admit I was a little nervous going into these two past weekends because these women have had the amazing privilege of having Priscilla Evans Shirer speak at their retreat last year and another one before that.

She is such an anointed and gifted Bible teacher! Sharing the stage she taught from was an honor. But I'm human. I'm a woman. And you know we women tend to compare. But I also new God wanted me there. I was completely expectant and dependent on Him to show up BIG TIME!!! And He did not disappoint. He exceeded all expectations and hopes. At least 10 women made first time commitments to Jesus as Savior and close to 100 re-committed their lives to following Him with all of their hearts! I am so thankful I got to be part of it!!!! When we step out in faith and obedience, He can't help but bless!

Thank you so much Berea retreat team: Kristen, Sue, Lisa, Cissy, Deb, Donna, Nate, Matt, Anoli and so many others!! You are the best. I was so thankful I got to serve with such an amazing team and what a way to kick off my fall speaking season. To you and my new Camp Berea friends, I miss you already. Oh how I wish we could have "remained" together just a little longer - talking, laughing, encouraging, sharing stories, praying. I keep hearing the words of our theme song, "Love is Near" in my head. He sure was near, wasn't He!? I feel so blessed to have drawn near to Him with each of you!


4 Comments:

Blogger Marla Taviano said...

Awwww...that's awesome. Their wives are going to rise up and call you blessed some day!!

Blogger Joyful said...

Celebrating with you that the Lord did more than you could ask or imagine.

I'm currently doing Prsicilla Shirer's study, "He Speaks to Me". Glad He spoke through you this past weekend.

Love, prayers and hugs,
Joy

Blogger gunningfam05 said...

Renee
I cannot even begin to tell you what a blessing you were this past weekend at the womens retreat at Camp Berea.
Your sweet spirit and love for the Lord was what really shined through.
God used Sat nights session to help me let go of alot of things that have been a heavy burden since fall 2006 to recent times.

And when God allowed me to cross paths with you.. it was amazing and very healing for me. Not sure if you remember .. it was right after the session..

Thankyou so much for allowing God to use you in ways that only He can.

I shared some with you but would love to share more of what God did this past weekend.

May He continue to richly bless you, your family and your ministry.

Love,
Chrissy Gunning
(Womens retreat #2)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Renee~
I was truly blessed this past weekend at Berea! Thank you for speaking, you were such an encouragement to me! I have signed up for your emails and I am reading your character book now...thank you SO much! I will keep you and your family in prayer.
In Christ~Nancy Hicks

Post a Comment

Home