Satisfy Me in the Morning
I've been reading your stories about how you have also felt that longing for God's unconditional love. Isn't it such a process? The day I described in Friday's post was just the first time I realized what I had been looking for and where I would find it. But clinging to it, living in it and believing that His love is enough to satisfy me - is a daily journey.

One of my favorite verses is in the Psalms when Davids asks God to "satisfy him in the morning with HIS unfailing love, so that he could sing for joy all of his days". (Psalm 90:14) Very rarely do we just wake up satisfied. We have to come to Him each day with our empty cup, our thirsty heart and ask God to satisfy the longing that only He can fill on a continual never ending basis. Heather said that this is a verse that she and a friend are praying for each other. I love that idea.

So that is what I am going to do today, pray that God would satisfy me and each of you with HIS unfailing love. I am asking Him to fill us with a sweet sense of joy knowing that every bit of love we long for, we can find in Him.

But before we go, we need a winner. Thanks to random integer selection, commenters #16 and # 30, are the winners of this weekend's give-away "Searching for Satisfaction" which is a message based on what we've been talking about.

Congratulations Jennifer at goodwijl@gmail.com and Bonelle Pagel. I'll be in touch to get your mailing addresses.

Have a wonderful Labor Day!


9 Comments:

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

Hey Renee!

I'm so excited to have won! I have a feeling though that it will be a timely message for me.

I love reading your blogs and this one today is a great reminder for me to ask for HIS unfailing love to satisfy me all the time. Lord, let YOUR love be enough for me. I know it is but sometimes I miss that profound point and look to other things to satisfy me.

Here's my email to contact me... looking forward to hearing from you!

Bonnelle
b.pagel@yahoo.com

Blogger Unknown said...

I got the most precious verse today in my quiet ime. I know have read it before but today it just jumped off the page at me and stright into my heart:

"You are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power" Colossains 2:10

Blogger Joyful said...

Praying the same for you my friend.

Oswald Chambers writes, "No love of the natural heart is safe unless the human heart has been satisfied by God first." We cannot love truly, until we have found love in Him.

Praying to be satisfied in Christ alone,
Joy

I'm sensing a shift in your seasons. So much coming together for you as the Fall approaches. You may not see it in the midst of your chaos, but as an outsider looking in, I see some things coming together, not the least of which is the reminder of God's unconditional love for you!

What an Anchor to cling to for all seasons.

He is the satisfaction for my soul this day and the next and the days to come that will finally lead me straight home to his arms.

much peace and love heading your way, you Meredith graduate! Who knew?! He did...

~elaine

Blogger Unknown said...

I truly believe God has me on this blog for a reason. I have been reading the comments about the last few topics left and let me just say that I feel God pulling at my heart everytime I read a comment.

This very topic is something that I have been struggling with for years (as i mention earlier). God is so great and I'm glad to have found a place where I can go and be surrounded by Christians who are going thru what I am in some way or another.

Renee, I am excited to listen to your CD. Thanks
Jennifer

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There,
Just what I needed to hear and be reminded of. Love ya!
Margaret

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Renee! May we all learn to be satisfied with God's great Love! My prayer continues to be that God will bless me with such a filling of His love that I may pour it out to my family and those around me during every interaction with them. "Lord fill us today."

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

I love that verse! I just read it again last week as I was reading through the 90s Psalms. And that is what gets this body out of bed in the morning.....He satisfies us through and through as we spend time with Him and in His Word.

Blessings,
Sharon

Blogger Lelia Chealey said...

I too will pray this Renee. Thanks for sharing David's words with us.
Hope all is well with you.
Love,
Lelia

Post a Comment

Home