A Day with Our Amani Friends
A business owner in Charlotte, who loves the Lord, very generously donated his luxury tour bus and a driver for our day with the Amani women. Oh my goodness!!!! What a sweet way for God to lavish abundant blessings on these special women for the next several hours. It had leather seats, granite counters and tables, four flat screen televisions, enought seating for probably over 30 people, a full kitchen and bath. We were all in awe. They felt like royalty - and they were!

The first stop of our tour was Matthews, NC for a tea at the P31 office. We were greeted by our wonderful office staff and some in-town speakers on our team. While we were all together, we took time for a quick photo. Also, joining us were some American women who have served as missionaries at Amani in Kenya.

Why a tea? Well, Kenyan's love tea! They stop to have tea each morning at 10am and again at 4pm. They also like to drink it before bedtime and any other time they want to slow down. My sweet friend Mary explained that tea is what brings them together to talk, to reflect and to stop from their busy days...just to be still. They call it Chai but it's not like our Chai tea. Chai simply means "tea". They make it with breakfast tea and lots of hot milk and sugar.

We also wanted to give them a gift, so we decided that each of us at P31 would buy a special tea cup for each of the Amani women. The cups were as unique and beautiful as the women who would receive them. LeAnn lined them up to display as the women came into our small lobby. Each one also had a verse tucked inside.

After we ate, they sang some African songs about Jesus for us. Then they taught us one and showed us a few hand motions. It was so much fun.

Tonight is the fashion show! I've been gone all day helping set up at the church so I need to get ready real quick. But I will share more soon. P31 was only our first stop!


7 Comments:

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Sounds very enjoyable and like you are having fun as well!

Blogger Joanie Butler said...

What a wonderful time rejoicing as one in our Lord and Savior! I just loved seeing the photos and I can't wait to hear more of the story. Will be praying for the rest of their journey to lift the name of Jesus.

Blogger Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What a wonderful blessing you all have bestowed on these lovely ladies! I particularly loved the tea cups with scripture idea!

God bless you and P31 as you minister.

Blogger Joyful said...

I'm a tea girl, so I know what a special event this was for your new friends. I'm sure they felt loved...by you and God!

Blessings my friend,
Joy

Blogger Amy Jo said...

Renee, Wow! What a beautiful day. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and post pictures! Can you imagine being able to step 2-3 times a day to have tea with girlfriends?!? Love it! Blessings & JOY!

Blogger Micca said...

I wish I were there to enjoy this special time together with our Amani friends! Give them all a hug from me and let them know they are in my prayers!!

I'm having tea this morning in their honor!
love,
Micca

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog through the Encouragement for Today devotions I receive on my email, and you had some beautiful verses and promises. then I come to your blog and see you are talking about Kenya.. my home! wow!!!! and the reference on tea, is so true.. tea is for anytime, even where I work we have tea at 10 and at 3.. and just the serving of tea, you can catch up with colleagues...

then I learn about Amani ya Juu.. and I am so touched by their work that I can't wait to visit them one of these fine days!! how interesting!!!!

thank you and God bless

Post a Comment

Home