Easter Blessings and a Spring Break
Although I imagined Aster's first Easter photos with her standing in green grass surrounded by tulips and daffodils, the best picture we captured was our little angel laying on the floor at church. Is that some scrumptious sweetness or what? I could just eat her up!

I love that she is so comfortable at church. And I pray God's house will always make her heart and spirit feel like she's at home!

By the time we gathered for a family photo she/we were ready for nap! It had been an amazing morning. Our family got to help during our church's first ever baptism services with so many people professing faith in Jesus and being baptized for the first time! Resurrection promise and hope. I couldn't stop crying.

This week is Spring Break and God's been challenging me to unplug from Facebook, Twitter and blogging. I know it will be hard, cause I'll miss you. But I'm looking forward to really connecting with Him in deep, rich, sweet, abiding, remembering, renewing ways I've not been able to do for a while.

Later this week our family will be together at the beach. It'll be Aster's first time to dig her little toes in the sand. And we're going back to where we were when we posted this last August after we got the call saying Aster's Ethiopian paperwork had been approved and she was OURS. We imagined then what it would be like to have her with us and now we do!

Today I'm thanking Jesus for His many Easter blessings, for each of you and for a much needed Spring break. It couldn't have come at a better time. My body is tired, my mind feels like mush but my heart is very ready - ready with the rest of me to be filled up by Him again.

I'm praying for you to find refreshment in whatever way you need it, and for God's presence and peace to fill you up as well! See you next week.

UPDATE: Please pray for my dear friend and P31 sister, Micca Campbell. Her Drs found a large cyst on her left ovary. We're praying it's only a cyst, not cancer (or it is contained and not spread at all). Please join us!! Thank you sweet friends. I love and appreciate you so much!


16 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

LOVE these photos! And praying for you this week my friend...
You can still text, right? :)

Blogger Tonya Ingram said...

She is just a doll... pure sweetness I'm sure!

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

All of you are beautiful!

Aster looks like so much fun!

Amy

Blogger Unknown said...

Unplug and enjoy!! See yo uwhen you return! Hugs!

Blogger Melanie said...

Thank you for sharing these adorable pictures. You have such a beautiful family!

You've been on my heart this week, and I have been praying for you to have strength and boldness as you write your new book. May God richly bless your efforts and minister to many through your words.

In His precious, unfailing love,
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

Blogger Cindy in PA said...

Precious pictures! I hope your unplugged time away is wonderfully blessed!

Blogger Tammy said...

love the photos. Have a blessed week with your family and our Father.

Blogger Amy C said...

It has been such a blessing to see Aster at church each Sunday. She is a full reminder that prayer is powerful and that has blessed your family with such a precious little miracle. I love seeing her smile and seeing how her brothers love her so much as they protect her and watch over her. Will be thanking God for your rest and praying for you as you return to the beach.

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Kept meaning to ask you about Micca... when will she know more? Please keep us posted. I will be constant in prayer. Love you, sweet friend!
lisa xoxo

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Kept meaning to ask you about Micca... when will she know more? Please keep us posted. I will be constant in prayer. Love you, sweet friend!
lisa xoxo

Blogger Pat said...

My, my, my...she is such a cutie and Mama, I LOVE that jacket!!!!

Blogger Danielle said...

*sigh*

She is the cutest little thing!

Blogger Julie said...

LOVE THE BOW!!! Praying for Micca...keep us posted!!

Blogger Lysa TerKeurst said...

Wow... Aster looked so, so beautiful!!! And so did you.

I have been praying this week is just amazing for you and your family.

I miss you!!!!!

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Such precious pictures - sorry you couldn't find a bigger bow! LOL

Enjoy your week!

Blogger prashant said...

praying for you this week my friend...
home jobs india

Post a Comment

Home