She Speaks Scholarship Contest!
Have you ever had a dream in your heart to lead women to closer to the heart of God? Maybe through your blog, your testimony or a Bible study you lead? Or maybe over coffee or the water cooler?

Has God put a desire in your heart to share the story of His amazing grace through writing, speaking or leading a women's ministry?

If so, I'd love to know about it and pray for you! And I want to tell you about something special that just might be the first step toward God preparing you to fulfill your dream.

My friend, Lysa, is offering an opportunity to WIN one of three Cecil Murphy SCHOLARSHIPS that he gave Proverbs 31 ministries to give away this week. Lysa has all the scoop on her blog but before you hop over there, let me tell you a little about our She Speaks conference and why you should prayerfully consider attending this year.

For Speakers:
Whether you are ready to take the main stage and start speaking at conferences and retreats or whether you want to learn how to more effectively teach a ladies’ Bible Study- this track is for you. After attending this conference you will be equipped to:

* Know how to develop a great message from start to finish.

* Understand what keeps an audience engaged and how to make your message memorable.

* Deliver your message in such a way that not only inspires your audience but motivates them to make life changes.

* Increase your number of booked speaking engagements by using proven marketing strategies.

For Writers:
You have had a passion for writing and have even had people encourage you to write a book, but have never known how to get started on the pathway to publication. You will have the chance to attend sessions taught by some of the top Christian publishers- Zondervan, Harvest House, Cook and several others. You will also be able to make appointments to pitch your book proposal.

Or maybe you are a blogger and want to learn how to more effectively connect with your readers, increase the impact of your blog, and hear from someone who successfully got a book contract by maximizing her blog platform.
Whatever the case may be, if you are a writer in the making, after attending this conference you will:

* Discover your unique writing voice and the mechanics of effective writing.

* Understand what publishers are looking for and how to write proposals that get their attention.

* Better understand how to build your writing portfolio by getting published in magazines.

* Know how to write a book that will impact your reader from start to finish.

For Women's Ministry Leaders:
You know first hand the unique opportunities and challenges that present themselves when you lead a ministry in your church for women. You give and serve all year long--- now is your chance to get filled back up with encouragement and training. You’ll have the opportunity to attend a Pre-Conference Intensive as well as the women’s ministry leadership track where you’ll learn how to:

* Build a dream team of ministry partners.

* Cast your vision for ministry in a way others will catch it.

* Distinguish God's direction for your ministry with confidence.

* Celebrate milestones of your ministry's effectiveness and keep your team inspired.

Doesn't it all sound wonderful? It is!!! And I would love to meet you there this July! Now, to find out more about the contest - go here and get the scoop - then enter to win!

And if you enter the contest, please come back here and tell me so I can make sure I read your entry post!



14 Comments:

I am so excited! I am going to my first She Speaks Conference this summer! I found out about the conference too late last year to register. I have been looking forward to it all year!
I have a deep desire to share God's Love and Amazing Grace with Women.I felt God's call to Women's Ministry last summer. I have been amazed at how many doors he has already opened. I have stepped out in faith and am ready to follow His leading. I can't wait to meet you this summer.

Mary

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Yay Mary, I am soooo excited to hear how God is working in your life. I can't wait to meet you at She Speaks this summer. Thanks for sharing your story with me!

Blogger Unknown said...

I entered! It is in God's hands now! If Perry (my husband) was employed with a steady income, I would be going! But that has not happened, so I had to go to Utah this morning on a 8:00 Am flight and got up extra early to link up with "Mr. Linky" on Lysa's blog. If it is meant to be that would be wonderful, but if not, then Renee, I'm just not ready yet, and the time will come when I am. It is all the hands of God. Please go to www.myfaithfulliving.com and read my blog. Love you friend~~Kelly

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for info, I am always looking for something interesting on the Internet, i want to send
photos for your blog

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Renee, I am working on my entry now...how I would love to hug you there this summer!! xoxo

Blogger Danielle said...

I am now entered!! I look forward to meeting you for more than 1 minute in an elevator this year, Renee. Whether I am a winner of the scholarship or not, God will provide! I am speaking in faith.

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Oh my goodness, I would just squeal if I saw all of you during the last weekend in July. Imagine me...smiling from ear to ear as I sit and chat with my sweet bloggy friends. Kelly, Lisa and Danielle - praying our way-maker makes a way for all of you to attend!!!!!

Anonymous Mrs. Bartlett said...

I can't wait to attend this conference! I have been wishing, waiting, praying and hoping for an opportunity to write again! This conference is going to be a great way for me to figure out the next step!!!

Here is my blog...

http://american-african.blogspot.com/2010/03/he-speaks-she-speaks.html

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did enter- like a ton of others! Some of their posts are simply amazing. I would love to go but just the experience of entering has honestly gotten me thinking more about what the Lord may be calling me to do down the road!

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Hi Renee, Good to read your words about She Speaks! I hadn't thought too much about it this year and kind of "doubted" it was in the plans and the budget. Job has encouraged me to enter the contest, so I've put some words on paper and look forward to seeing what God has to say. I know He already knows the "winner" and trust He will work in each woman who has the privilege to attend!! Blessings to you,
Jill

Blogger J-Girl said...

I did it! I entered the scholarship...now off to bed...big day with the family tomorrow. Praying that God would make a way for me to glean more from you and meet you this summer! Continuing to pray for you and your book.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I am truly humbled and amazed to see so many women following a call to minister to others. As a greenie starting out in a fledgling ministry even if I did not get to go this time, I see there are more than enough sources to which I could gain insight in refining my skills. Praise God! He always provides!

Julie Morgan
note2julez@yahoo.com

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess this is my entry into the contest!! :) I have been praying for clear guidance and wisdom in how to use my whole self each and everyday for God's kingdom and glory. This also means trying to figure out the right major in college! I am a sophomore in college and cannot figure out just what i want to do yet, but i know it will be something for the glory of God! :) He has a plan! :)

-kimmy

kimmyvos@yahoo.com

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess this is my entry into the contest!! :) I have been praying for clear guidance and wisdom in how to use my whole self each and everyday for God's kingdom and glory. This also means trying to figure out the right major in college! I am a sophomore in college and cannot figure out just what i want to do yet, but i know it will be something for the glory of God! :) He has a plan! :)

-kimmy

kimmyvos@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Home