The Wonder of Pink Ruffles and God's Love
Hi, it's me again posting as a guest blogger for my mommy! I was just wondering, "Have you ever felt beautiful?" If not, I suggest you go get yourself a pretty pink ruffly outfit! It makes a girl feel pretty no matter what!

Now mommy says we're all beautiful even without a pink outfit because we are clothed in God's love. I was glad I got to wear both this past weekend! Even before mommy let me see myself in the mirror, I was smiling so big. I could tell by her "oohs", daddy's "ahhs" and my big brothers "wows" that I looked pretty!

This isn't the greatest smile, but it shows how I can stand up all by myself and you can see my whole outfit! Mommy was waiting for the perfect occasion for me to wear it.

It came this past weekend when I was part of the child dedication service where my family and church promised to teach me about Jesus' love. And Jesus was already showin' me His love through my ruffly pink princess outfit. It was given to me from mommy's friend Mrs. Sloan. My pretty princess pink bow was from Mrs. Nicki, and my sparkly princess shoes were from Mrs Prater! Jesus gave me my smile and sparkly eyes.

Mommy keeps telling me I am one very blessed girl to have so many women who love Jesus and me. They have covered me in prayers of affection and clothed me in pretty princess things.

If you want to watch my dedication you can click on this arrow. I liked listening to my Daddy talk about me. He almost cried when he said God made me part of our family. Then pastor Derwin picked me up and I saw how big the crowd was and well, wow! You'll have to tell me what you think.



23 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby girl you are Aster! So sweet and glowing with Jesus' love!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Oh Renee....she does look beautiful! Thank you for sharing this with me. I am humbled that you chose her pink ruffles for her dedication! God is good! :)

I love the picture of her praying. Simply gorgeous.

Going to watch the video now.

Hushed and humbled,
Sharon

Blogger B His Girl said...

Thank you Jesus for Aster and her family. Blessings, B

Anonymous sbcgentile said...

What a blessing Renee! Your family is beautiful!

-Shannon

Blogger Tammy said...

sweet Aster,
you just a beautiful princess and just smiling with Jesus in your heart. Just precious.

Prayers and hugs
tammy

Blogger Unknown said...

Well Aster you are cute as a button and becomning quite the blogger. Are you going to She Speaks?

Blogger Oh Dear said...

Dear Aster,
You are right clothed in pretty pink ruffles and our father's love. Thanks for sharing your dedication video. I know Mommy and Daddy and your big brothers dedicated you long before they met you but now you have an entire church praying for you and growing you to a relationship with Christ.

Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh, I so hope little Miss Aster is a regular guest blogger! :)

And I can't help but think what a gift she has in having you for a mommy. As one whom the the Lord has healed and ministered to greatly, I know you will be teaching that sweet girl all about receiving and believing in the Father's great love for her.

Love to you, sweet friend!
K :)

Blogger ThreeGirlyGirls said...

She is a BEAUTIFUL little girl! I am so glad that she had a great dedication and she look so yummy in her clothes!! :)

God is faithful!!! I know this was a very special moment for your family. Thanks for sharing!!

Blogger Unknown said...

That made me cry.

Anonymous Gail Crust said...

Precious!!!

Anonymous Barbara said...

What wondrous love is this!!! Thank you for sharing your experience. Aster is just a beautiful blessing!

Easter Blessings to you and your family,

Barbara Schusterman
St. John the Divine - Houston

Blogger K. Langston said...

I love the expressions on the faces in the video. So much hope! So much love for the little ones. So much beauty.

Thanks for sharing. I can only wonder what God is going to do is Aster's life. She's already had such an adventure...

Anonymous Suzi W said...

Dear, sweet, precious child of God, Aster-whom-Jesus-picked-to-become-a-Swope, you are so blessed to have such a large, dedicated, loving family for your God-family, and I know you will grow up to be a blessed and highly favored woman of God who will pass the blessing on to others. How do I know? Because I know your Father, and I know that's what He does for those who are called to be in His family. Stay close to Jesus, little one, and always know that there are other people whom you do not know, praying for you and your mommy every day.

Joyfully yours,

Susannah (Suzi)

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

That is so sweet! Aster, you are beautiful and I know you have a beautiful heart as well!

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Aster, what great truths you share today. I pray you remember them for as long as you live. How blessed you are to have such a special mommy, daddy and big brothers and a loving church family. I'm so proud of you for not getting stage fright!!
I love you and your mommy, sweet girl,
Mrs. Lisa
xoxo

Yay Aster! I love it when "you" post. Tell mommy hello! And be sure to give her one of those great big smiles of yours to warm her heart.

Blogger Bonita said...

Aster, you're such a trendsetter! Now pink ruffles will be all the rage.

Such a sweet post!

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Yet another precious post! The story of Aster being adopted in your family is such a beautiful picture of what God offers each and everyone of us! Thanks for allowing Him to use your love for Aster to remind me of His love for me. Go Fish's song "You're My Little Girl" comes to mind - Aster is blessed to be yours and all of us are to be God's!

Thanks for sharing! Aster, I pray you enjoy your first Easter at 'home'!!!

Blessings, Jill

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

How precious Renee!

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger mariel said...

praise god that we are beautiful in His site...but the pink ruffle certainly helps!! :) Blessings!

What a sweet blessing...Just wanted to say Happy Easter....have loved reading all the Easter posts today.
Hope you will stop by ...remember I am drawing for $100 GOODIE BASKET tomorrow night...All it takes to enter is a comment..

Blogger Runner Mom said...

How precious and so beautiful! Thank you Renee for sharing this! Love the pink ruffles!! What an awesome God moment! Amen!
Hugs!
Susan

Post a Comment

Home