Twas the Week before Christmas
Twas the week before Christmas,
and all through my house
there were cameras and lights
and a sick child on the couch.
There was talking, and laughing and Tylenol too.
Josh had come home from school sick with
a high fever - what if he had the flu?
I was supposed to be in Texas
for meetings the next day
but he'd need to miss school, shouldn't I stay?
That's my joy as mom: to sit by his side,
take his temperature every
hour and stay close by.
But as I shared in my post just that day,
God's timing doesn't always match mine
so I have to depend on and trust in Him all of the time.

Lysa came to get me and shared a D6 story or two,
We caught a few fun camera shots
and filmed a complimentary SheSpeaks promo too!
Then we left for the airport just in time to catch our flight
And woke the next morning in Texas
met with KSBJ and started planning our Girl's Night.

Back home all was well
with Josh and his dad
It seemed better I was gone,
although it made me really sad.
JJ stayed home from work
and spent the whole day by his side,
they watched tv together and had great quality time.
When I got back Tuesday night,
I could see Josh was getting well,
But whether it was the medicine or
his father's love that helped
I am not sure I could tell!

Last week was a whirlwind of opportunities to meet some amazing people, have loads of fun, get little sleep, and trust God continually. Of course, He came through in so many wonderful ways. Thank you so much to all of you who were praying. I got to spend the day with Josh on Wednesday while he was getting better so I still got that snuggle time I love when my kids are sick. I'm headed to the grocery store and the post office this morning, but I hope to get my photos downloaded and posted later today (Okay, I was gone ALL day so hopefully I'll get them up tomorrow). I want you to meet some of the incredible servants of Christ I spent the week before Christmas with. I can't wait to serve by their sides in 2009!


6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

The D6 project is awesome. I know the wife of one of the men who developed it. I love it. I'm so glad you're so involved in it. Praying your little guy is feeling better in time for Christmas.

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Sounds like an eventful week. Can't wait for the pics.
Diane

Blogger Joyful said...

Just days before Christmas
And reading this post,
Your trust in the Lord
Is still what I love most.
Though Josh was now sick,
And maybe a fever?
You sprang from you bed
As sweet as June Cleaver.
You did would you could
Then fulfilling committment
Off to Texas you flew
To plan your event.
Now home safe and sound
With everyone well
Your obedience to God
Gave a poem to tell.

Hope you made out better running your errands than I did. I drove around for 30 minutes and never did find a parking space! It's a zoo out there!!!!!

Merry Christmas Renee!
Love ya,
Joy

Blogger Karen said...

I have a sick child too... My nearly 17yo daughter came down with a kidney infection and we had to take her to the hospital yesterday. She is starting to feel better, though.... back to trying to make the rest of the family miserable!!

Blogger Joanie Butler said...

Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Can't wait to see the photos. Loved the "Week Before Christmas" story. Hope Josh is all better now.

If I don't stop in again before Christmas,

"Praying that God will bless you with His peace and joy this Christmas season."

Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry your sweetie was sick while you were away, but I am so glad God took good care of him. He's pretty trustworthy that way (to say the least!), but it sure is hard on a momma's heart not to be there! :)

Blessings to you, Renee! Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

Home