A Time to Give (and maybe receive, too)!
My Sweet Friends ~ As you know, God calls each of us to be the hands and feet of Jesus. He calls us to serve the least of these. He calls us to...

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves"
(Proverbs 31:8)

I am very proud to partner with Compassion International as they seek to rescue children from poverty, in Jesus' name. I have seen first hand their work in the poorest communities in Ethiopia, my sweet Aster's home country. We got to see Jesus through Compassion's work there when we traveled to Africa to get Aster last October.

We saw firsthand, they are the real deal! Their work is changing lives, families and entire communities.

When the earthquake hit Haiti, Compassion had a team on the ground within 24 hours. They were providing emergency relief and preparing to help rebuild. My friends at She Seeks were inspired by Compassion's efforts and have issued a Speak Up challenge in response. I would love for you to join them. They are up to very cool things!

Check it out HERE!

Give to Compassion's Haiti Disaster Relief fund HERE!

This is a time to give! But it's also a time when some friends of mine want to bless you with the opportunity to RECEIVE as well!

My friends Lysa is giving away an amazing Bible Study gift pak that includes a book, a DVD set with 6 weeks of great teaching and a study guide to go with it. I have all of these and oh my goodness, this is something you want to win!!!

My friend Karen is doing a fantastic marriage give-away on her blog. It includes a couples 'basket-in-a-box' centered around Bill and Pam Farrel's best-selling book Men Are Like Waffles; Women Are Like Spaghetti: Understand and Delighting in Your Differences. There are some other fun guy and girl items as well. Oh, I want to win this one too!

Instead of leaving comments open today, I'm going to close them and encourage you to head on over to all these amazing places - to give and maybe receive, too. Oh, and one more thing...I'll be speaking in Palatka, FL this weekend at the Women's Spiritual Life Retreat on Friday night Saturday at Ravine Gardens State Park Civic Center. I would love to meet you there! Click here for more details.

See you back here next week!