It's She Seeks & SHE SPEAKS Week!
It's our She Speaks Conference week! And I am living and breathing all things She Speaks.

More than anything, I'm praying He speaks and I'll listen. Today is my final day to review and soak in the messages God's given me. I'll be speaking Friday morning, Friday night and Sunday morning. Prayers would be so treasured as my brain is having a hard time keeping all this in one place.

One thing I love (and it makes it a little easier to remember) about the messages God's given me for She Speaks this year is that they are all about seeking Jesus. Seeking Him for vision not position; seeking His direction and modeling His leadership as a servant; and coming to Him for peace and perspective each day.

I pray that we leave seeking Him and resting in His purposes, His plans and His promises no matter what life holds for us after She Speaks 2009 fades as a memory and we step out into ministry.

This morning I was reading and praying through several verses about really seeking His thoughts, His face, His heart, His plans, His wisdom, His direction, His everything. It's my hearts desire but I have to confess, there are so many things that pull my heart away to seek after them instead of being captivated by Him.

Don't you just want God to say that we are a "generation of those who seek Him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob." (Psalm 24:6)

"The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God."(Psalm 14:2) I love knowing that I can say with confidence to Jesus, "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." (Psalm 9:10)

So today, this is my prayer:"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. ยท (Psalm 27:4)

And then I'm gonna listen as He whispers back: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

No matter what is pulling at our hearts and our thoughts today, I pray that we would "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. (1 Chronicles 16:11), and "devote our heart and soul to seeking the LORD our God. (1 Chronicles 22:19)

For those of you attending She Speaks, Jen is hosting a bloggers get-together on the Veranda Friday night. I'd love to meet you there! Be sure to leave a link on her site here.

I am praying for you this week, that you will desire with me to seek HIM, really seeks HIM more than anything else. And if you are coming to She Speaks, I can't wait to see you soon!


13 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

What a good word for today, Renee! Thank you! I'm not going to She Speaks, but I love all the Scriptures you gave about seeking the Lord first, focusing on His heart and following Him and desiring Him all our days. What a perfect way to start each day. Have a wonderful conference!
Love, Andrea

Blogger faithWalker said...

A good word, indeed! Thank you for the verses...will be definitely spending some time there later today. It's my first She Speaks conference! My emotions are everywhere, but God's calling remains the same. Here I come! So looking forward to meeting you.

Deb

Blogger Sarah said...

Love the 1 Chronicles verses. Thanks for sharing those. Seek his face always, indeed.

In Texas we call it a porch, but I can probably find my way to the veranda. I look forward to the bloggy meet-up on Friday! Hope to meet you there...!

Blogger Amico Dio said...

What a good word, Renee! I am encouraged and I can't wait to meet you! I'm so excited about the whole event. I'll see you in a few days!

Blogger O'Nealya Gronstal said...

Oh Renee - I can't wait to hear the messages God has birthed in you! The verses are so perfect for tuning my ears, eyes, heart and mind on the One who has called me. Not to focus on the calling but to focus on the Caller!
Love you girl! See you Thursday!
O'Nealya

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Hey Renee, what great words! I keep having people ask me why I'm going and if I have plans to be a speaker. No, but I know the conference is a direction God's leading, so I keep seeking Him. The verses say so much!! Can't wait to hear what He has to say! Then I will listen and then perhaps speak!! Thanks, Jill

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Wow, Renee....just this morning in my quiet time, the Lord just so impressed on my heart that SEEKING and HUMILITY and OBEDIENCE all go hand in hand. I pray He blesses you with this scripture He used to minister to my heart this morningand that somehow you can use it:
"Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteousness, see humility..."
Zephaniah 2:3

Your messages sound perfect. My first She Speaks, I was so refreshed, excited and delighted because all of you gals started with the importance of an intimate relationship with Him. Everything else flows from that. Thank you!

Please know I will be in my knees for all of you throughout the weekend!

Will miss you all!
Sharon :)

Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm not going to be able to attend She Speaks, but know that I have you and all of the rest of the P31 team as well as the attendees in my prayers...you've been there for weeks.

Blogger Unknown said...

Renee:

last year at She Speaks, your message sparked something in me. I was moved and I was changed. I am so looking forward to hearing you speak again this year. You are amazing and fabulous! I plan to hunt you down and give you the biggest hug ever!!

Blogger Kimberly said...

Thinking of you and praying for you this morning!

I love what you said here about seeking Him for vision and not position. It reminds me of a phrase that struck me in a Beth Moore study about discovering that affection (for Jesus and from Jesus) counts for more than ambition.

Praying He will help me to continue to not only seek Him, but seek Him with a right heart.

Love you!
K :)

Blogger Runner Mom said...

This post was wonderful! I can't wait to hear all that God has laid upon your heart to share with us!! I am seeking His will and His ways as you all are.

Ok--can you run Sat. morning with me and whoever else shows up? I'm thinking about 3-4 miles at a talking pace!! What I need to know is what time do you need to get started to be ready for everything? Just let me know!!

Love ya!
Susan

Blogger On Purpose said...

"Seeking Him for vision not position; seeking His direction and modeling His leadership as a servant; and coming to Him for peace and perspective each day."

Taking this away today...and letting it truly soak in and speak to my heart...thanks for this HUGE nugget from our Jesus.

Praying and knowing you will speak His words to His daughters hearts this weekend...cause you SO did last year for me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee, Just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you, the other speakers as well as those attending She Speaks. I love She Seeks- that is what it is all about, Seeking our Lord and Saviour. You have been such an inspiration and blessing to me, thanks. Just know that you are being lifted up in prayer.
Angela T Ramsey

Post a Comment

Home