Try Something NEW!
Thanks for prayers!!! My weekend away with Holly and Lysa was so great, in so many ways! We had lots of fun and we got so much done!!

Last week I posted about my big goals for the get-away. Well, I didn't meet them all. I could be disappointed but I know without a doubt I did accomplish all God wanted me to get done. I gave each day to Him and asked Him to direct my time and focus. I had some great extended
time with Him one morning, finished several She Speaks tasks, wrote my radio shows, and came home feeling so de-stressed and prepared for this week.

We worked from sun up to sun down. The first day, we went running in the morning, then showered and worked up til 11pm. The next day we could barely walk from running up and down those mountain hills so we just ate breakfast and started working. W
e were so focused on our tasks we didn't even take showers . Before we knew it, it was 5pm and we were still working' in our pajamas with greasy bed heads. I laughed as I looked around our cozy living area with each of us on our laptops and then listened to us clicking away on our keyboards.

Just listening to Lysa and Holly strategize their projects and discuss ideas was such a great learning experience. They are so smart! I gleaned great insights from both of them. We also had some really good God discussions and made some important work decisions.

I also made an interesting discovery about myself: I'm a little hesitant to try new things - especially slimy new things.

This discovery came during breakfast the first morning we were there.
Lysa and Holly are on this crazy kick of only wanting to eat all-natural, healthy food. When we woke up the first morning, they informed me that we would not be drinking coffee, we would be drinking hot herbal tea. My caffeine-addicted body screamed – what?

I started searching for Danishes and donuts when they announced we’d be eating poached eggs. I’d never eaten one of those! I wasn't even sure what it was. Basically it’s a steamed egg. I wrinkled my nose and voiced my complaints but then I heard my own voice telling me the same thing I tell my children, “Don’t be afraid to try something new. “


And you know what? They were delicious!!! Especially with a little bit of sea salt and cracked pepper sprinkled on top. Now I have to admit, I would've loved me some toast to dip in that yummy egg! But no mam. No toast. No coffee. No nothing except poached eggs.


I am so glad I tried that new thing, and enjoyed every one of them. I'm actually going to look for me an "egg-poaching" pot at Target today because I am an official fan of poached eggs now!


So, is there something you might be missing out on in life because you’re afraid to try something new? Do it friend. Do it. It just might be something you'd love if you'd just give it a try!


PS. After I posted this God reminded me of three things that I said, "No way!" to that are now such an important part of my life. Things that draw me close to Him like nothing else. Things that when I do them, I experience His nearness and His pleasure like I had never known. They are: writing, speaking and running. So glad I tried those new things :->.



9 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I guess I've been missing out on poached eggs all my life too. But in my case, I'm quite happy about that. I'll look for some other new thing to try, thank you kindly.

Glad you had a fun, productive time!

Blogger Lindsey said...

Glad to hear the weekend went so well. I'm sure we will be reaping the benefits from it for months and years to come.

Blogger Danielle said...

So glad your weekend went well. Can't wait to hear the fruits of your labor.;-)

Blogger Kimberly said...

Okay...maybe, maybe on the egg. Maybe.

BUT my caffeine-addicted body woulda been a bit cranky about the no coffee thing. :) Of course, I am sure being with such sweet friends, getting some work done, AND having an awesome extended time with the Lord MORE than made up for lack of coffee.

So glad the Lord blessed you so richly! (mmmmm...rich...just that word makes me think of a rich, bold, delicious cup o'java. Did you have one as soon as you got back or wait until the next morning?) ;)

Love ya'!
K :)

Blogger Joyful said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Glad it went well.

I think I'll pass on the eggs -- never been a fan of ANY variety!

Blogger Jami said...

Oh that weekend sounds like it was so much fun!! What a great time to glean wisdom from each other, enjoy the Lord, and learn to enjoy all kinds of things!! :)

I'm praying for you as you prepare for She Speaks...oh how I wish I was going this year! :)

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Bless your heart! All healthy?? No fun stuff??? Please tell me that we will have REAL food at She Speaks!! (Or, you and I might have to slip out and run over to Mickey D's!!)

Glad y'all had a great and productive time.

To answer your question, which, by the way is the 2nd time God has placed it in front of me today :), I'm not sure!! I feel like I'm taking some baby steps in the right direction. But, maybe He wants me to take some longer strides to get there quicker!!Hmmm!!

Hugs,
Susan

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Love your heart and I applaud you for being a great sport.But for me,those slippy eggs down they would have to have a nice crispy English muffin and slice of Canadian bacon under it. Then some creamy Hollandaise sauce to top it off. Call me spoiled but as often as I eat eggs, I will splurge.

Glad you three had a great weekend.
Diane

Post a Comment

Home