Happy Friday!
I'm so sorry I've only had one post this week.

This not-so-perfect woman has been feeling not-so-good. I got the coughy, itchy throat, sniffy nose, feel like I wanna crawl in a hole and sleep for days bug.

I so didn't have time to be sick this week but I am excited to say that I met a big book proposal deadline yesterday and started feeling good enough to still fly to Dallas today for the Christian Book Expo with Lysa and Holly.

I know, I know. It's no wonder my tree is still up! But I have a feeling it might not be when I get home. Rumor has it some elves might pay a visit to my place.

Before I go, I wanted to tell you to be sure to check out Lysa's blog and be part of an amazing opportunity to win a scholarship to Proverbs 31 Ministries She Speaks conference. I would love to spend the weekend with you there!

And if you live in Dallas, please join us this weekend at the Christian Book Expo. Lysa is speaking in the morning at 10am and we'll be at the Harvest House book tomorrow at 11:30am.

I'll be walking around all day telling publishers and readers all about Proverbs 31 Ministries and finding out what new books we can offer this year through our website, devotions, radio shows and speaking events.

If you have a favorite book that you love and recommend to all your friends and family, please let me know so we can consider offering it. Just leave a comment with the title, author and a few sentences describing how this book has impacted your life!

Hope you have a close-to-perfect weekend!


10 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Can I make a plug for a book that P31 does offer because it is one of Lysa's. "Who Holds The Key To Your Heart".
I have to say that I have just started reading this book but God is speaking to me already.
She made a statement in her introduction that made me just say WOW! "You have not chosen this book by accident. This is your divine appointment".
For anyone struggling with hurts from our past...this in on target.

Blogger Kimberly said...

I am so glad that you got to go to Dallas! I hope you guys are having a wonderful time and that you are feeling tremendously better!

A book I have really enjoyed recently is anonymous: Jesus' hidden years and yours by Alicia Britt Chole. It is about how important the years in Jesus' life were that we don't get to read about in the Word and how that time period in His life compares to the years in our lives where we feel hidden or unappreciated. It is about how those years of feeling hidden are actually the "surprising birthplace of true spiritual strength."

I loved this book. I actually need to go back and read it again. As a stay-at-home mom who feels pretty hidden most days, this book was such an encouragement about what value there is in what He is doing in me right now. This is a time for me to treasure, a time of putting down deep roots. And the book is written beautifully. :)

Blessings, sweet Renee!
K :)

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Can't wait to hear about your weekend in Dallas! :)

Is the tree put away as a "welcome home" for you? :)

A treasure of a book:
"The Holiest of All" by Andrew Murray - an awesome study on the book of Hebrews!

Also, "Valley of Vision" - book of Puritan prayers. Amazing!

Many of my other faves are already offered at P31 as many of them are P31 authors! :)

Blogger Julie Gillies said...

Hi Renee,

Hope you're feeling much better by now, and that your time at the CBE was productive with some fun thrown in!

Blessings.

Blogger Pat said...

Renee,
It was a BLAST to hang out with you. We are true sisters girl, right down to the coat and the shoes!!
Hope you are feeling better,
My love to you!
p

Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

I read a few blogs already about this CBE. Sorry to know the turn out was so low. I read great things about the rest of the weekend. Hope you had a blessed time!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you Friday night at CBE. Who knew a simple smile could initiate a conversation with a woman I have often thanked God for after listening to you on the radio!
In the trenches,
Melinda Hines
author of Operation Mom: Winning the Mommy Wars
www.melindahines.net

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Ohhhhh, I'm so far behind :) Miss you and so sad I couldn't travel to Dallas....soooo behind!!

Blogger JottinMama said...

Renee,

I sure hope you are feeling much better and that you are having a nice week:)

blessings to you,
Kate :)

Blogger Kathy Schwanke said...

I recommend "Shepherding a child's Heart" more often than any book. I read it when my kids were 14, 16. It was helpful then, but wished I had read it before. Love, love, love it!

Post a Comment

Home