The rest of the story
Update: Oh my, I'm trying to recuperate from a sugar coma. I ate too many sweet meatballs, cream puffs drizzled with chocolate, along with too much cream cheese toffee ball on chocolate graham cracker sticks and sherbert punch!

Here is the bride (in blue) along with my girlfriends who helped with the shower. (Me, Bev, Sharon, Erin (the bride) and Mandy.

Look at this amazing watermelon fruit basket Sharon made.













Here is one of the bouquets I got at the Farmer's market for $10!!!! Can you believe that? And behind the flowers you can see the beautiful raspberry punch Bev made. Mandy an
d her daughter Mackenzie are back there working on their yummy peanut butter white chocolate Cheerio clusters.












We had a wedding gown designer contest. Each design team got three rolls of toilet paper, 6 paper clips and 8 minutes to design a dress. Mine came with implants!












And we played "The Price is Right" where the women had to guess at the price of the items in the cleaning caddy (notice the princess tiara for Cinderella). Whoever guessed closest to the total cost for everything won a prize.
We had so much fun! It's been years since I have been to or hosted a bridal shower so it brought back great memories and lots of girly stories.












After they all left I came to write, but beforehand I decided to read through more journals. Wow, it's more than my heart can contain or tell about at this moment. My hands want to type, but my brain cells are seriously lagging behind. I think I need some coffee and I'll be back. Of course it will be here tomorrow so I am sure you have better things to do than wait for me :-).
Remember, Monday I am offering a great give-away and another part of what is next in this story. I want you to be part of it!

From this morning...

My post with the rest of the story will be up later today. I am hosting a bridal shower for my friend Erin, at my house at 2pm. The house is clean. The food has been purchase, and the tables are set up. I thought I'd be able to write this morning, but as I looked around I decided I still need a few things to make the party all "pretty." So, I'm off to the Farmer's Market where I heard they have beautiful bouquets of flowers for really low prices. I have never been to our Farmer's Market so this will be an adventure. Have a great Saturday and I'll be back soon!


6 Comments:

Blogger Becky Avella said...

Enjoy your trip to the market this morning. I love being out early on Saturday morning at a Farmer's Market. It has been a long time since I've done that.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your story. Thank you for sharing it.

: )

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Just keeping us all on the edge of our seats.... ;-)

Hope the party went well!

Blogger Joyful said...

Looks like you had a wonderfully fun time at the shower. Happy memories.

I'll have to check back in tomorrow as I'm heading to my parents over night.

"Anticipation is making me wait..."
Praying for you even now that God is directing your thoughts to what He would desire you to share with us,
Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I can't wait for this next installment!!! I pray for the sugar coma to come to a halt and your thoughts to become clear as you sit down to write!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Hi, Renee!

Looks like a great shower! Love the toilet paper dresses! Practical and cost efficient.

Those cream cheese toffee thing-a-ma-jiggies sounds delish! Yum!

Glad it was a wonderful time for the bride and her guests! :)

Sharon

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Renee,
Looks like you had a lot of fun. By the way, the house looks great! :)

Blessings,
Pearls

Post a Comment

Home