I had to pick more than one!
Thank you so much for the gift of your comments these past two days. They're priceless!! I've read each one, and I've thought about how much valuable time it takes to ponder these questions, look into your heart and then decide if you want the world - or at least a few in my world - to know your thoughts.

Well, with all that sentiment in my heart, when it came time to choose a winner, I just couldn't stick to only one give-away. It happens every time! But since the Swope budget doesn't allow for two $20 gift cards this week, I decided to give the 2nd winner a new devotion book I am starting to read called "Dear Jesus" by Sarah Young. She also wrote "Jesus Calling" which is one of my favorites. A small book that speak volumes of God's truth and love.

To be all official, I counted the comments which totaled 76 between Monday and today's post until 9pm tonight. Monday's post comments are numbers 1-44 and the second posts comments are 45-76. I bowed my head, laid my hands on my computer and let Random Integers choose for me, and it said....

Here are your random numbers:
13     72 

Timestamp: 2008-07-18 01:23:32 UTC


So, the official winners are:

helen martin (aka bride of martinstein for a $20 gift card to Starbucks, Walmart or Target (your choice)

Karan - kstandley@windstream.net for a copy of Dear Jesus, by Sarah Young.

Congratulations Helen and Karan. And to all of you- thanks!!!!!! God is using you to make a big difference in others' lives. I think your comments are the greatest ministry that happens on my blog!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow. I have a devotion running at P31 about the power of praying friends. I'll be announcing another give-away and the chance to be part of a special prayer circle where we'll be connecting with God and our girlfriends in a powerful conversation!


5 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

What a blessing you are, Renee. I can't wait to read the post about the praying friends.

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats ladies! I'm sure you are super excited about the giveaways!

Renee, you are such a blessing and encouragement! I'll be back tomorrow for the announcement!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Blogger Joyful said...

Thanks for all your messages to me tonight - each one a treasure!

Congrats to the winners! I just ordered that book by Sarah Young and I think..I hope it's going to arrive tomorrow! You make it sound so wonderful!

Can't wait to read your devotional tomorrow and hear about the special friend prayer circle. You know I'm all about prayer!

Hugs,
Joy

Blogger kayporter said...

I would like to thank your Renee for allowing me onto this site. I know this site was sent by the Holy Spirit.
I would also like to have the ladies pray for me.
I am struggling with a husband of 30+ years that is caught up with sexual addictions on the internet. It has ruined our marriage and that hurts. I'm a Realtor in a slow market. I have been a Realtor for over 20+ years. I need the strengeth to find work as I am broke. My husband is not helping me financially anymore. Over the last couple of years I found out that as I was making money he was spending it as fast as I was putting it in the bank. Now that I have shut down that account. I am having a difficul time getting my strength back into the field. Please pray for my sanity as I made decisons as to what I should do. I am trusting God to show me a positive way to get back into the field and take care of me and my 15 year old daugher.
Thanking you in Advance for the comments and prayers.

Blogger Sandra said...

My dear sweet sister,
May our loving Savior wrap His arms around you and your family during these trying times. Keep your eyes UP. And pray over your husband when he sleeps and every chance you can. Ask God to remove anything in your home that does not represent Him. Everything! Stand firm my sister,share the Word with your daughter even when you don't "feel" like it kay. My husband was a mean drunk and today he is a pastor! Now thats ONLY from the Lord. He is a mighty man of God.So never give up sister. Draw nearer to the Lord and He will draw nearer to you. He will never leave you nor forsake you, NEVER! Shine for the Lord my dear, shine!

Post a Comment

Home