A New Place to Call Home...coming soon
Hi friends! I'm in the middle of designing and filling the rooms of a new place that I will soon call home -- online. I cannot wait to share my new website with you!

I've been dreaming about new decorations and renovations for years. I've longed for a place that reflects more of my personality, my heart, my passions, my messages and my family. But I've been waiting on God's timing. And now it's almost here.

That is one of the reasons I've been missing in bloggy world. I still can't wait to tell you about my insane whirlwind trip to Canada where I got to see God move in miraculous ways. It involves a missing passport and working with the US government to get a new one in less than 24 hours! I'll leave you hanging there.

For now, I need to get things ready for our little open house. Hoping it will be partially ready for close friends like you next week. We're working on getting at least some of the furniture and wall hangings (ie. content, videos, photos, etc.) moved in this week.

I'm also launching The 7-day Doubt Diet and it'd make my heart smile to have a new welcome mat on the porch to greet new friends that will pop over from it. Speaking of the doubt diet, I have some amazing news! I was praying for 3000 sign ups before A Confident Heart. launches in August... As of this morning, and we're just shy of 4,000 people signed up already!

My fun, adventurous-faith girlfriend, Lysa TerKeurst, challenged me to start praying for 10,000 and I've accepted her prayer dare! Wouldn't that be so amazing for 10,000 of us to start losing the weight of self-doubt together??

I hope you will one of them! If you're not signed up yet, be sure to sign up in my sidebar today and invite someone to join you, too. Click here for a short pre-written invite to send family and friends.

And now for a peak inside my heart: I woke up today feeling like I can't keep up with all that is going on. It wasn't the first time I felt like I don't have what it takes to fulfill my calling as a wife, mom, and woman in ministry. I bet your life feels impossible sometimes, too. And that is why I hopped on here. I wanted to share with you how God encouraged me this morning. I posted a promise that gave me His perspective today on Facebook and wanted to share it with you.

When life presses in and pressures weigh us down, doubt will tells us, "There's no way you can do this!" But we can silence discouragement by choosing God-fidence instead {LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. Isaiah 26:12}

Will you choose to live in the security of that promise with me today? Let me know how I can be praying for you, and I will be. I'd treasure your prayers, too.

I'd love to stay connected a little more consistently than I can here. So, I'm posting almost daily and sometimes more on Facebook. I'd love to see you there!


12 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh! I cannot wait to see your new place! :)

And I wanted to tell you...today I got to share some of the things from your book with my mom. She struggles with insecurity like I do. Anyways, it was a great talk! And I loved getting to share from your book with her. :) I need to get her to read it!

I will definitely be praying with you for the 10,000. :) I need to write an official review of your book on my blog and send people over to sign up for your devotions. I may not get you 7,000, but I would think at least 7. ;)

Love you!!!!
K :)

Blogger Danielle said...

Hey girl! I am counting down the days for next month.LOL

I just did a post on my blog about your book. I copied my review from Amazon because there's no way I could say it any better even now.Haha!

Blogger Jill Beran said...

Hi Renee!! Looking forward to seeing your new place!! I'm going to take you up on your offer for prayer - I had to take the 3 hour glucose test this AM and right now I'm not feeling the best. So prayers for that and normal results would be appreciated. And we keep praying for this little one (don't know if it's a girl or boy) and I took woke up like you this AM - thinking I can't do all of this!! God really has me pressing into Him lately and as I attempt to do that HE's using the pages of your book to remind me of His truth!! Thanks again, Jill

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You asked for prayer requests and I thought I need God to work so badly... so I will ask you. I need restoration in my marriage. My husband has moved out and in many ways is moving on. I am dying for God to restore my marriage, for my husband to decide to love me instead of leave me. Would you pray that God will do something to make right everything that is wrong and to carry me through this difficult time w/very clear direction?

Blogger Mel said...

We need prayers for wisdom and guidance. Financially, ugh... We need to move, we need to find a home to rent. It's very stressful and it's keeping me up at night :( Thanks Renee! ♥

Blessings,
Mel
Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly excited about the 7 day diet, if anyone needs to shed self doubt it is me! I have a severe lack of confidence in everything I do and am a hard core people pleaser. In the past year my family and I have had some very hard trials and its time to step up and become the confident woman in Christ that my family needs me to be.

Blogger Jenn said...

praying for you Renee and excited to do this study! Many many blessings. can't wait to see what a doubt diet looks like!

Blogger Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing the new websie! I am anxious for your new book and the Bible Study! Please pray for me....I am grieving the sydden loss of my precious husband. He passed away on 4/26. On June 11, 2011 we would have been married 40 years! I'm so grateful for the love of Christ and His comfort during this horriffic time in my life. I can not imagine a person going thru this who is not a Christian!

Blogger Momof4 said...

THis is my first visit and I signed up immediately! I would love this book-I so struggle with insecurity and constant doubts!!! Not good since I'm a mom of 4 and 2 of them are daughters I do not want to pass this down to. So happy to have find your blog! (love P31 and Lysa!)

www.breakformom.com

Blessings,
Sharon

Anonymous Mary Blair said...

Thank you for this doubt diet. I read the first chapter and am excited to see what tomorrow will bring.

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Hey friends. I just want you to know I"m reading your notes and praying for each of you. I"m so sorry for the hardships and losses you are facing. I'm asking God to wrap you up in the blanket of His love, comfort, peace and strength right now.

Hugs and blessings,
Renee

Blogger kelly said...

LOVE the illustration of the shadow of doubt. I spend way to much time looking at mine. Not enough turning toward the light. Can't wait for the book!

Post a Comment

Home