I am working on your behalf...
"I am working on your behalf.

Bring Me all your concerns, including your dreams.

Talk with Me about everything, letting the Light of My Presence shine on your hopes and plans. Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, gradually transforming them into reality. This is a very practical way of collaborating with Me. I, the Creator of the universe, have deigned to co-create with you.

Do not try to hurry this process. If you want to work with Me, you have to accept My time frame. Hurry is not in My nature. Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of My promise, a son. How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of this child!

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses." Psalm 36:9; Genesis 21:1-7; Hebrews 11:1 (AMP)

~ Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

What does it do to your heart to imagine God looking into your eyes, knowing your dreams and concerns, and whispering with assurance, "I am working on your behalf"?


10 Comments:

I can't tell you how much I NEEDED this tonight after my blog post Overwhelmed! It is like my confirmation or something! Thanks for posting!

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYIN JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Blogger emily freeman said...

When I read this one in Jesus Calling a few weeks ago, I think I may have gotten a black eye for the words popping off the page right into my face. Thanks for posting this, Renee.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words can not describe how I feel. It is a wonderful feeling, it brings peace. My husband and I will be dealing with something unpleasant this year. The Lord has brought us through so far and no matter what I know that He is in control. He will be with us as we go through this. Thanks I needed that as a reminder that He is working on our behalf.
Angela T Ramsey

Blogger JottinMama said...

It's incredible. So much so...that it is actually hard for me to wrap my head around it. This has me thinking today :)

Thank you!

- Kate :)

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

A word in due season.
Thank you for this. You don't know how much it means to me.
Blessings to you ~

Blogger Monica said...

Blessed assurance! Thank you God!

Monica

Blogger Danielle said...

That questions pricks my heart and yet stirs it at the same time. The mental picture of God looking so intently into my eyes, His hands cradling my face... Wow!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee,
I love what you wote today! Just wanted to tell you how God spoke to us reminding us it's His plan, not ours, and not to hurry it. We are still praying about adoption and for His guidance!

So thankful your tests turned out ok. Isn't God "AWESOME"!!

Much Love,
natalie

Blogger BE STILL GIRL said...

I, too, read this devotion in my Jesus Calling book and it was a refreshing reminder that despite the "waiting" and "worry" about my future, all of my days for 2010 and thereafter are already recorded in God's book. He has gone before me and He will be my rear guard. In the stressful moments or even in the stillness and quiet, I may not "feel" like God is at work but I can trust that He is working because He has proven himself faithful in all things and He has a plan for my life. I just need to trust Him.

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee, I know you wrote this 5 days ago, but the Lord directed me here today...all part of His glorious wait. He IS working on my behalf. I read that sentence through placing the emphasis on each different word and soaking in the meaning.

The Lord spoke this verse to me yesterday: "Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass." Ps.37:5

Trusting in, and claiming His promises,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home