Aster's First Christmas
We had a wonderful Christmas! So peaceful. So full of laughter and great memories. And tonight as I get ready to go to bed and wake up early for my biopsy, I am so thankful for time together at home just resting and enjoying my precious family!

I thought it would be fun to share a few photos of Aster's first Christmas.

One of Aster's favorite things is our Christmas village ~ especially the lights and music.

One of my favorite things was her beautiful smile on Christmas morning!

She was pretty happy about her new high chair, too!
Or maybe she was squinting because that hat was squeezing her brain too hard.


We always have Christmas breakfast as a family - and we each give a gift from our hearts to Jesus before we open the gifts under the tree that we are will give to each other. Aster just sat quietly and listened. She is the sweetest, most content baby. We are seriously blessed!


After breakfast, Grandma put on Aster's new Christmas outfit and they played patty-cake.


Then the boys tried to get her to open gifts but she wasn't really interested...


Until she opened her new neon green mini-mixer.

And a sweet bunny that her big brother Joshua gave to her.


After an afternoon nap, Aster decided to help with the dishes. She's such a great helper!

We had washed my Christmas dishes by hand and were putting them in the dishwasher to dry. She loved splashing in the water that was puddled in the door.

I moved the Christmas dish so she'd be less interested.

That strategy didn't work. She decided to climb in and take a bath, and then drink it!

Look closely and you will see that she is absolutely soaked! I am pretty sure her kitchen "spa treatment" was her favorite Christmas gift of all!


10 Comments:

I absolutely love, love, love this post. As I read, I giggled and laughed. Oh the innocence of a child! Simply precious.

Renee - thanks for sharing the journey of your heart with us and for keeping us in the loop with Aster. She is quite a gift from God. You must look at her and smile all the time. She has a great family in you all. Or should I say y'all?!!

Lastly, I will be praying for you tomorrow with the biopsy. And, I'll pray tonight before I go to bed.

Blogger Kristan said...

Those pictures are perfect! Esp the drinking of the dish water on the dishwasher door.

I am praying that God will be holding you tight tomorrow!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that with us. I loved it. Aster is sooo precious I just want to squeeze her. Your family looked precious! Please know that I am praying for you. I woke up at 1:00am and 3:00 this morning and prayed for you.

Angela T Ramsey

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh so sweet! How this brings back memories!!! I used to half fill a little tub with water, add a drop of bubble bath, place it over a beach towel within my constant sight on the kitchen floor and give my son some safe kitchen tools - spoons, strainer etc. while I prepared dinner. It would amuse him for such long periods of time...and wash my floors at the same time.

Glad you had such a special Christmas. I have already been in prayer for you today. Remember, your life is 'sealed'. NOTHING can touch you outside His will for you. May you know His peace and presence as you walk each step of today.

Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Bonita said...

Too cute! Isn't that just like a child, all those toys and her favorite is the dishwasher. What fun memories for her first Christmas with her forever family.

Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

I'm praying for you this morning as you have your biopsy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good Christmas. Could you please update us on your Dad's surgery? How is your mom feeling?

Lisa in WV

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us. In the quiet of this morning before my family stirs, I'm praying for you. Remember where you are...in the shelter of the Most High. Remember what to do there...REST in the shadow of the Almighty.

Deb

Anonymous Lisa V. said...

Ohhh she is beautiful. Thanks for sharing these.

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

What a fun Christmas. Aster is so cute.

You've been on my heart as I think about your biopsy. Praying for you!!

Post a Comment

Home