Worthy
I wanted to share with you a link to my friend Melissa's devotion she wrote today at P31. It is powerful and raw, beautiful and transparent. Melissa shares her story of feeling stained and ruined by sexual abuse as a child but finding redemption and worth in Christ. She is also giving away a copy of Wendy Blight's book, "Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner, on her blog. If you leave your email you will be entered to win and she'll send you a list of 10 ways you can know you are worthy of God's love.

I got back from Reno late Sunday night, and it was wonderful!! I absolutely loved the many women I met there. Kelli and Heidi, I am so proud of you for saying yes to God and stepping out in faith to do this conference! And I'm so honored God invited me to be part of what He is doing in and through you!!

Jesus' presence filled that room and each of us in such a beautiful way this weekend, revealing His heart and His plans to each in powerful and personal ways. I loved hearing the women share with me how God spoke to them individually through some part of the message, and what they were going to do to apply it in their lives. My heart was also so full of joy for two new sisters in Christ who invited Him to be their Savior Friday night.

I came home tired but energized, drained but filled, knowing He is worthy of all that I have and my life is worthy of all the He has for me. It made me want to go into this week laying it down before Him again, and asking Him to live His life through mine.

Well, I am going to go spend some time with my princess! Be sure to read Melissa's devotion here and her blog post here. No matter what happened in your past, God has hope, redemption and purpose for your future! I know because I am living proof of that promise.


3 Comments:

Blogger MelissaTaylor.org said...

Renee,

I cannot thank you enough for posting about this devotion on your blog. It has been the hardest thing I've ever written about, but freeing also. I have been blessed and completely blasted (not blown away but blasted!!!!!) by stories, comments, and pain I've read about this morning from our devotion readers. It saddens me and comforts me to know I'm not alone.

With that said, to any of Renee's blog readers who can relate to the horror of being sexually abused or living with pain from the past, my heart yearns to connect with you, pray for you, and let you know that there IS healing through Jesus.

Thanks Renee!!!!! Love you tons! Hugs and Kisses to my girl! (Aster...you know my girl) :)

Blogger Danielle said...

Thank, Renee for sharing the links with us. On my way over to Melissa's, praying for some insight.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Post a Comment

Home