Aster's 1st Birtday!
On December 1st, we celebrated Aster first birthday and in the midst of all we've had going on I never did post about it!


It was such a special celebration. Mom had just been home from the hospital for a few days and was doing so much better. Aster hadn't even been ours for 2 months and here we were celebrating a year of her precious life.

A year of hardship and sacrifice for her and Hagere, her birth mother. A year of enduring sickness and many transitions from one set of arms to another and then another. A year that culminated here, with us, in her new home with her forever family.

Although I was pondering and treasuring all these things, Aster made sure the mood was light and filled with laughter. The funniest part about the whole night was our "Battle for the Bow!"

I wanted her to wear it and she didn't want to.

But look how cute she is with it in her hair!



It was the perfect night for a good family photo. I was determined she was going to wear that bow, so I decided I could "talk" her into it with a little lecture from her momma.

Didn't work. She kept grabbing it.

Finally she decided the only way to end this was to eat the thing so she pulled it out of her hair and put it in her mouth!

I wasn't giving up that easily. One more try.
I gave her a fruit puff to distract her.

That didn't last. Look at Derwin in the background (Aster's Godfather, our pastor and best friend). He thought the whole thing was hilarious!

Oh well, we got a decent family photo although she has no bow and no smile.

Here she is with her favorite present - a Pooh Bear Plane with music and lights from the Grays. That's one of my best friends, Vicki with her husband and kids, Derwin, Presley and Jeremiah Gray. Doesn't Aster look like she could be there's?

She is in some ways. They prayed her/us all the way through our adoption journey. So many people have been part of her story and that is why we want to share her. She's such a gift. Such a rare treasure of joy and love. And guess what? She let's me put bows in her hair now.

We love you sweet girl! Happy birthday again and again.


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to thank you for such a terrific quality forum!
thought this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/alice-in-wonderland-party-supplies.html]alice in wonderland Party Supplies[/url].

Blogger Danielle said...

How precious!! She is absolutely beautiful, Renee. That skin of his looks so soft... like you could just nibble all over those cheeks!LOL

So happy for your family, and glad your mom got to celebrate with you.

Anonymous Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures of Aster and your family, Renee! Thanks for sharing. Also, love the photo of Vicki, Derwin and family. How precious and blessed to be in such a close friendship relationship with your pastor and family!

Love, Andrea

Blogger Rachel Beran said...

Way to be persistent, Renee! :)

Such precious pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How precious. I love reading about Aster. I know she is a gift. Thanks for sharing her and your family with us. Glad your mom is doing better and I pray your dad will continue to get better as well.

Angela T Ramsey

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - from a baby shower to a 1st birthday in just a few weeks! I love the pictures. Happy Birthday to Aster!

Blogger Wendy Blight said...

Love, love, love seeing the smile on your face in every picture as you hold her Renee...it is such a powerful picture of God' amazing miracle of Love!!!

So blessed to be a small part of your journey with your sweet girl!!

Wendy

Blogger B His Girl said...

Smiles!

What a Funny little girl you have there:) im sure she must keep you in stitches. What a wonderful idea how you made your pastor that held her when she got off the plane, the Godfather, so neat how God works i love seeing it. God is Goood Amen

Blogger Melissa Milbourn said...

she is SOOO cute :-)

Blogger Missy said...

Love reading about her. What a gift.

Blogger Betsy said...

She's adorable! I really enjoy hearing your voice on the radio and I wanted to see pictures of your baby. My daughter is the same with her bow (same age)!!! I'd love to adopt an orphan from Haiti but my husband doesn't think it's a good idea for us. For now I can pray...
Bless you and your family!

Post a Comment

Home