Packing UP and Counting DOWN
We are packing up and counting down the days!! We have six days left in our home as we prepare to close on Thursday afternoon on this house and Friday morning on our new home. Yes, our new home. I can't believe it's already the week we move.

This in between time is starting to make me a little crazy. We are almost done packing and repairing, but we still have lots of cleaning and truck-loading to do. I'm feeling unsettled today. I think it's the messy state of our house with almost every room in disarray. I have kept my bedroom "normal" and I am hiding in it right now so I can pretend everything is done - for at least a little while anyway.

Thank you all for your encouragement even in my absence. I have been surprised that my blog visits didn't drop even though my postings did! You guys are some faithful friends to stick it out with me when I'm in survival mode and too busy to blog. Your emails and comments have been so sweet. A few asked if I read old posts in hopes that I'd get there notes. The answer is yes, I get an email every time someone posts a comment, even if it's on an older post, and I read and treasure every one.

I have especially felt your prayers for peace and joy in the midst of our loss of our dog Chelsea. We have a little memorial in our living room corner that the boys made with Chelsea's bed. It has her photo, her collar and rose petals they have put in it. It's so sweet and it's been a place where we can remember her, and feel like she's still in our lives even though her cute little wiggle worm self is not nearby.

I've also felt your prayers for strength and endurance as I traveled last week to speak, and prepare to speak tomorrow at our church for Mother's Day. All the details fell into place beautifully last weekend. Even down to my friend Sharon going with me at the last minute and how much fun we had together! Last weekend's retreat was a treat for me and I pray for the women there. Based on my conversations with many of them, God really spoke to hearts in tender and personal ways. Getting away from all that we have going on was just what I needed.

When I got back in town my mom told me she had a hernia and had to have surgery this past Thursday. At first, I was too tired to process it and almost freaked out a little but I didn't let her see it. I just asked her what she needed me to do. But after a good night's rest I had renewed sanity and the assurance that God would supply what I needed for this unexpected twist in my already crazy week.

Her surgery went great and she came to stay with me Thursday and Friday. It was a great chance for us to just be together. She talked to me while I packed many boxes, and I was so thankful to have her here. She's doing great today and has gone home to recuperate for the rest of the week she needs to stay out of work.

The Lord has assigned me more than I can handle on my own for sure. But I am experiencing more of Him and discovering in a very real, very tangible way, that He ABLE to handle every detail and supply every need!

Today I am taking a mini-break for a pre-Mom's-day manicure and a movie. This afternoon I'll be soaking in some Living Water with my Jesus as I prepare my heart to pour out His love into the women at our church tomorrow. Oh I want it to be a beautiful offering to Him and them!!!


16 Comments:

You were a blessing to us last weekend and you will be tomorrow to those in attendance. Sometimes God births his best messages through us in our times of deepest need. I have no doubt that you are leaning on the strength of Christ more than ever, and I know that he will honor your trust by giving you peace and assurance as you head to the pulpit tomorrow morning.

My prayers go with you!

peace~elaien

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Girl!
I have been keeping you in my prayers, so it was good to hear from you. I will pray for your Mom's full recovery from the surgery. Isn't it amazing how Jesus carries us when we feel too overwhelmed to even walk? I don't know if Wendy mentioned or not, but I had to leave her event early last Saturday as my DH had a run-in with a table saw and removed a portion of his right thumb. OUCH! He is really doing much better than we expected, and we are Praising God. It could have been much worse. I will be asking God to bless you and to grant you powerful words anointed with His grace to speak tomorrow at church. Keep us updated on things and know that you are loved.

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! I pray that God's love and comfort continues to surround you throughout the coming week!

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

Blogger Kara said...

I pray that the Lord will use you mightily for Mother's Day at your church! Happy Mother's Day! I am so excited for you and your family on your move this week! Your ministry is a huge blessing in my life. Thank you for being a "Proverbs 31" role model that so many young mother's like myself need today!

In Christ,
kara-Texas
karamy3sons.blogspot.com

Blogger Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Good luck with the move! I know how stressful it can be-having moved 7 times thanks to my husband who is in the Navy.As I type this I am living with suitcases once again having packed all of our stuff last month for another move-back across the ocean we go. Just trust in the Lord that it will go the way it is suppose to. Hang in there.

Hope your Mom is doing better.

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee, as I read this post it made me think of Psalm 121. May it be a blessing to you today.

"I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber. Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep. The LORD protects you; the LORD is a shelter right by your side. The sun will not strike you by day, or the moon by night. The LORD will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life. The LORD will protect your coming and going both now and forever."

You can depend on God's help. He will be with you as you speak tomorrow...as you move...as you face any challenges that lie ahead. Claiming this Psalm for myself as well.

Praying for you,
Joy

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day! I hope your speaking at your church went well today. I'm sure it was blessing to those present. Best of luck through your busy week and move. I know God will get you through it.

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for the update. I have been praying for you. I check your blog regularly for updates. I love knowing what is going on with. I will pray the move goes smoothly.

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Renee,
I have been praying for you. I was praying for you yesterday when I was sitting in Sunday School class, and was wondering what time you would be giving the message in your church. You even were in my thoughts as I celebrated mother's day and my birthday with my family.

I will be praying for you this week as you pack up and move.

Sweet blessings,
Jodie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl--
Praying for you and the big move. Wish I lived closer and I'd help pack boxes and make a big crock pot of something to have hot and waiting in your new home. God bless you friend!!!!
Karen

Blogger Chaplain Cris Nole said...

Hello My Friend,
How did it go on Sunday? You are in my prayers, can't wait to see the new place.

Turtle Chick

Blogger Chaplain Cris Nole said...

Hello My Friend,
How did it go on Sunday? You are in my prayers, can't wait to see the new place.

Turtle Chick

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

I've had you on my mind. . . .so excited that tomorrow and Friday are the big days! Even though it will mean work! Hope it all goes well!

Blogger Unknown said...

Today's the day!! YIPPEE! :) May God shower you with blessings as you go about closing and moving in! :)

Blogger Roxie said...

Praying that everything goes well at the closing and that you have beautiful weather for your move. Blessings, Roxie

Blogger Lelia Chealey said...

AMEN Renee...He is so able!
Blessings,
Lelia

Post a Comment

Home