Here With Me
I'm sitting here listening to this song and soaking in God's promise to be with me.



I love knowing that the very One who created me never leaves my side; He is with me while I sit in my favorite chair in my bedroom. I've been thinking about my morning with my guys. They took me out for coffee at Starbucks and breakfast at Panera Bread for an early birthday treat. I'll be 41 on Monday. We laughed as we talked about some funny things that happened this week. It was picture a perfect morning!

Now I'm feeling sad about not being with them for a few days. I fly out tomorrow afternoon to speak in Charleston, SC on Monday. I am going a day early to spend my birthday shopping with my friend, Margaret, who is going to meet me there. We are going to sleep in late, have lunch and go to the market.

It sounded fun when I planned it and I know it will be, but I always get homesick right before I leave for an event. I hate that feeling.

I'd treasure your prayers as I prepare my heart and He prepares the women's hearts for the message He's going share through me. I'll speak Monday night and then fly back Tuesday.

Okay, so I am going to focus on something God just reminded me of...I get to stretch out my birthday a few extra days because when I get back we'll go out for my birthday dinner Tuesday night!

Well, if you're feeling like me today and just need a reminder, here is my wish for you: no matter where you are or what you are going through today, tell your heart: "He is here with me." That is the best gift for any day!


15 Comments:

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it is a great one.

I turned 39 in December. I'm single, no kids but I love them. I threw myself a kid oriented party. I have 6 kids from church that I do things with. My friend Allison went. That made 8. For the group discount, we needed 10, so I called up a couple other kids form church. There mom is a single mom. She was teen when she had them. Call me crazy, but I took 8 kids skating when I can barely skate off the wall. They ranged in age from 5-13. They had a blast. To my embarrassment, they decided to sing to me while during the break while the zambonie cleared the ice. 39 birthdays. But I think this one tops as my favorite. They just all had so much fun....

Hope this one tops out as one of your favorites.

Amy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Renee! Enjoy your day AND your trip... just let your friends spoil and pamper you, and celebrate life!

And a comment to Amy... You go, girl! I say you did great!

Happy Birthday Renee! Live it up! (I know that homesick feeling. I'm like that. I love the idea of going out or taking a trip but the reality hits and I remember that I'm just a little homebody who loves the comfort and peace of my home and the dear ones who live in it).

Blogger Stephanie said...

Renee,
Here's my prayer for you.

"Lord, I lift Renee up to you now. I pray that you will prepare her heart and the hearts of those you'll be speaking to through her. Give her traveling safety and hold her family in your hand while she is away. Thank you for her ministry and the lives she touches for Your Kingdom. May she have a very happy birthday!"

In Jesus Name,
Amen."

Have a great time!

Blogger Laura said...

Happy birthday, Dear One! I will definitely pray you traveling mercies. I know what you mean about getting homesick before you leave! But doesn't it feel good to miss them? Sometimes, I just tell my husband: "Why don't you go away for a while so I can miss you?" And I always do! Enjoy your girl time and your special dinner at the homecoming. Blessings!

Blogger Wrinkled Shirts said...

Happy Birthday! I pray that it and your event are blessed.

It's hard for me to understand your feeling of sadness before you leave on a trip. I am a flight attendant and travel 3-4 times a month. There are times I relish the getaway. I love going on a layover, taking a "quiet" bath, watching what I want on TV, and ordering room service. If I've been home for two or three weeks straight my husband suggests that I go to work. He knows I'll come home refreshed, happy and nice, for atleast a few days.

Have a great time!!

Blogger Lysa TerKeurst said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! I'm praying for you to have an amaizing time with Margaret, God, and the ladies you'll be speaking to.
Love you big!

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Renee!
Hope you are well...just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Hope to see you in '08!
Lisa :)

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Happy Birthday Renee!
Hope you have a sweet time with your friend as well as a sweet reunion with your 'guys' as well. I will be praying for you as you travel and speak as well. I especially pray that God touches your heart in a special way as you faithfully follow Him.
Love ya!
Jodie

Blogger Heather said...

Enjoy your birthday three times over! Praying for your time with the ladies to be annointed.

Blogger Lelia Chealey said...

Rejoicing that God made you!! You are such a blessing to so many & I 'AMEN' the prayer said by beyondblessed!
Enjoy your time away and anticipate being reunited with your loved ones. Have fun today Renee with your friend!!!
Blessings & hugs~
Lelia

Blogger Bonita said...

Happy Birthday, Renee!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Having a great time celebrating with you. I know you will be fabulous tonight.
Love You friend!

Blogger Pajama Mama said...

So glad I stopped by your blog today...Now I can wish you a Happy and Blessed birthday....AND pray for you as you are most likely about to begin your talk any minute now.....

Blessings, Jeannie

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Renee,
Happy Birthday. Your post was great for me today. It was a trying day, having to say good bye to a friend.
Thanks,
Charlene

Post a Comment

Home