Friends Need Grace, Grace, Grace!

Update: I posted some fun family photos and a neat thing God taught me that applies to friendships...when we fail or get hurt and don't want to try again. Click here to read it.

It's been one of those days. I planned to continue our conversation this morning about friendships, but one thing a girlfriend needs is grace, and today I need lots of it! My closest friends would agree. It happens ALL the time. I make plans with a friend and life interrupts...unexpected snow day that keeps kids home from school, someone gets sick, urgent need at work, etc.

Well, that would be today. Girlfriend Swope woke up with a sick child who needed to stay home and emails from event planners that have been waiting since last week but gott delayed by a snow day, and two days of no school this week, parent-teacher meeting and a trip to the pricipal's office because another kid hit mine in the face. I hope as my girlfriends you can give me lots of grace; cause it's like water to me. Can't live without it!!!

I have a conference call this afternoon and my mom is coming over for dinner for her birthday. I don't have her gift yet, although I do have her birthday card. Hmmm, maybe a Starbucks gift card would work. Need to get something special going for dinner, so you gals keep the conversation going and I'll be back tonight or tomorrow. Keep talking, I love listening....

Oh and if you just got here, be sure to read Monday and Tuesday's post and join in the girl -talk. We want to hear your thoughts because they are a terrible thing to waste! So, be sure to share friend.



11 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Renee,
No apologies needed. Sounds like you could use some prayer! :) That's how my day was yesterday. I will be praying for you as you work on dinner for your mom as well as taking care of a sick child. I pray that you will feel God's peace and presence even in the midst of business and hectic schedules. Grace to you my bloggy friend.
Love,
Jodie

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Oops - meant busyness :)

Blogger April said...

Hey Renee! Bless your heart, you have had one hectic day, and I thought mine was crazy... I pray that God will give you supernatural strength and that your dinner will go smoothly and be delicious, and that your child will be better soon! I have two of mine under the weather as well, and know how that can be. God bless and have a peaceful night! Sincerely, April

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Sounds crazy! But that is the way life goes . . . . I'll say a prayer for you and I hope dinner is yummy and that your mom enjoys her birthday.

Blogger Joyful said...

Praying for you. May the Lord not only give you extra strength, but may He be your strength.
I did click into your Family Blog immediately when suggested and read your ski adventure. Your lesson to keep going and not give up reminded me of a lesson I journalled about last year when God spoke the same words to me through a Tim Horton's Coffee Cup. I'll copy it into my 'blog' and you can read it later if you'd like. So glad God picked you up and did't allow you to miss all the delights He had in store for you.
Keep listening and obeying - and thanks for sharing another great God story - what an encouragement!
Have a good night,
Joy
Is.40:31

Blogger April said...

Wow, you go girl! I just read your update, (the kids are finally in bed)you are one brave soul! I tried skiing once and failed miserably, but maybe I should try it again..(I'm usually the consolation prize to our teens in our youth group who try and either fail or hate it, I'm ready and waiting in the lodge with a warm hug and hot cocoa) It's so true that we can miss so much because of being afraid to try again. I actually posted a comment on Zoe's blog that this year I was going to "give away" hiding behind my fears and step out in faith. That so applies to friendships as well, we will get hurt sometimes by those we love(we're only human)but it is so much better to forgive and forget and try again, than to let go of something that could be beautiful. Sometimes we will forgive and forget but others either won't accept it or won't return the favor. That's when we give it to God and trust Him to work in their hearts, if the friendship is meant to be then He will resurrect it in His perfect timing. Blessings to all my new bloggy friends, and especially to you Renee,thanks for opening this door of friendship for all of us! Have a great night! April

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee, I don't know where you found time tonight to visit my blog and leave a comment - but thank you. What a blessing. I had just received some disappointing news and when I found your sweet comment my spirit just lifted. What a lovely surprise. Don't ever underestimate the power of a short note. God used you to encourage my heart before heading to bed. Isn't it amazing - here we are miles and miles apart (I'm in Ontario) yet by sharing God's love we can still minister to one another. Bless you,
Joy
PS. Looking forward to seeing Lysa Feb 2nd - she's coming to my church in Oshawa for a Ladies Day. I'll actually be going to the airport to meet both she and Holly. Would love you to come to Oshawa some day too :o)

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Oh I hope this day is off to a better start for you. Sounds like yesterday was just like you described when I heard you on KLOVE yesterday (but I know it's pretaped!) - the bird hanging on for dear life to his feeder while the wind and everything else is pounding him.

You are such a blessing. I pray that today is a much better day and that God gives you an extra dose of strength.

Hugs from Texas!!

Blogger Heather said...

Grace, grace, grace (hey, I think I've heard that before...) :)
When you get a chance, stop by my blog, becauce I have some grace - and bloggy awards - for you!

Blogger MrsProverbs31 said...

Wow! What a day. Family first. So, don't feel bad. I hope you have a great dinner with your mom.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can get so frustrated when the family stuff starts interrupting my schedule - but it helps me to mentally make a list of the blessings starting with a flexible job that allows for family interruptions, working from home or in the evening. I have to mentally realign that the opportunity to serve my family is a blessing not a burden. As one of your event planners - be assured there is tons of grace!

Post a Comment

Home