Hope for Tomorrow
I am learning some amazing truths about asking Jesus to live His life through me each day. I am still trying to understand what that means and what it looks like each day. I have a long way to go but it's been an adventure. All last week I tried to seek His direction each day to do what was in on His heart and depend on His energy that works so powerfully within me, if I let it.

Last week I had a doozy of a "to do" list. Each morning I prayed, "Jesus, what do you want to do on our list today? Where do you want to go?" Then I would listen in my heart for Him to lead me. The biggest thing I noticed was when I sensed Him telling me to stop what I was doing and move to something. That happened a few times.

The first time was right after my last entry. I had planned to stay up late but I sensed He wanted me to go to bed, unprepared for my recording. Tuesday I got into the studio and we started working on cutting the previous audio we needed to work with. It was the first step in the project but it took an hour and a half. We ran out of time, and I didn't do my recording. I didn't need to stay up the night before, and God knew it. I would have been so tired if I had stayed up and so frustrated that it wasn't necessary.

My list was also full of fun things I had promised to do with my kids since it is getting close to summer's end... like taking them to the movies, taking them out to lunch and a playground with friends and taking them to Chuck E. Cheese for three hours one evening. I took my laptop with me on that outing so I could finish some work projects for P31, while they played. I got lots done and my kids had a blast!

I also had a few home improvement projects on my list. Family was coming in town last weekend so I wanted to finish painting Joshua's room since that is where our guest sleep. I had been saying I was going to do that for a year. His room had a sport's border with navy blue paint on the bottom half and beige on the top. Not bad if it weren't for the camouflage bedspread with a black bed skirt he got last Christmas. Also, his dresser is from JJ's childhood and was pealing and had stickers on it. It was awful to look at and I couldn't stand the thought of one more guest staying in there.

So, I stripped the border, primed the walls and prepared the room so a friend of mine could paint it (she has a painting business). We carried his dresser downstairs so I could take it outside sometime during the week to paint it. By Wednesday night, it was still sitting in my kitchen, done, so I got my supplies ready and put my painting clothes on. Then I noticed it was 7:45pm. It was getting late but I wanted to at least get started. Joshua has been living with his clothes in baskets for days since he doesn't have a dresser to use. I thought. Then I sensed the Holy Spirit whisper, "It's late Renee, you need to wind down and wait on this one." Hesitantly I listened. I went upstairs and got my pajamas on and had a relaxing night with my family.

By Friday, I still had the energy I needed to do the tasks God had for me that day. But I wouldn't have, if I hadn't listened. I would have stayed up late and I would have been exhausted! The house still needed to be cleaned, towels needed to be washed and sheets needed to be changed. Together our family got it all done and I wasn't all wound up when our guests arrived. I was able to relax and enjoy our time together.

In the end, Joshua's room was painted and put back together for our guest. There was no dresser in there but they didn't care. My kids had a great week and I felt like a good mom! I am truly amazed as I look at last week's list and see all of it crossed off.

As I depended on God's strength each day, He gave me hope for each tomorrow. And I continue to hold on to these truths this week. I leave for Tennessee tomorrow morning to speak at my dear friend Mary Ann's women's ministry kick-off dinner. Just today as I leaned on Jesus for strength and energy to prepare, travel and speak, He reminded me that her church's name is Hope Church. Thank you Lord for your sweet presence and faithful promises to me.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31


2 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Renee,
Thanks for the reminder to obey the Holy Spirits voice. I have been working on the same issues as well.
Hugs,
Char

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Renee,
I was so blessed by your latest blog. I told the ladies Bible study I lead about it. Thanks for your words of encouragement to get God's orders every day.
J. Wolfe

Post a Comment

Home