Strength for Today
Monday, August 13th, 10:30 pm

Life has been very full!! Isn't it always like that in the summer? Or maybe throughout the year? I am so ready to write the rest of our love story, but we've been traveling (we went to Hershey, PA last week) and I've been working on the design and grand opening of HeBrews Faith Cafe!

Well, things don't look like they are going to slow down for a little while. I have the craziest week ahead of me. This morning I woke up acknowledging to myself and God that I was going to need a whole lot of His strength and perspective to accomplish it all. After everyone left for their pre-determined destinations (kids to my mom's, JJ to work), I sat at the kitchen table with my Bible, my journal and my coffee and asked God to speak to me through His Word, to fill me, to lead me, to give me strength to just get started. I felt so groggy!

I turned to the book of Colossians because it's the home of one of my favorite verses - Colossians 1:17 - He is before all things and in Him all things hold together. I put Him at the helm of my day, knowing He was the only One Who could hold it all together.

And then I kept reading. In chapter one, verses 25-29, Paul reminded me that I am a servant of Christ - on commission by God to present the word of God in it's fullness to anyone I come in contact with. So, in whatever I do today or tomorrow, His goal is to reveal Christ in me - "the hope of glory."

It made me realize that whether I get it all done or not, if I seek to let "Christ in me" live out loud through my life; if I keep my heart set on reflecting His heart in all that I do, that is all that will matter at the end of this day, or the end of this week. So I began my day repeating the words of Paul, "to this end I labor, struggling with all HIS energy which so powerfully works in me!"

I kept those verses before me all day. And when I got tired or distracted and didn't know what to focus on next, I read them again and claimed HIS energy to powerfully work in me.

Many things were crossed off my list today but more importantly my heart was at peace at every twist and turn. I still have one more big thing to finish before I go to bed. I just read a little more from Colossians to keep my strength renewed as I prepare for a recording tomorrow in the studio where we produce our radio show. I'll be creating a message for women who want to consider applying to the P31 Speaker Team. My prayer is that God will give me the words to say so that I, and anyone who hears this message will "be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that (we) may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that (we) may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:2-3

I am going to keep seeking His glory in me to be revealed - even if my family is all going to bed. No one will see Him in me, but I'll know He's there.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Renee,
God has really been dealing with me on just seeking "Him" and everything we are dealing with would "fall" into place. I'm still learning of the incredible love an mercy He shows us everyday. I've asked Him to "reveal" it to me. It is just "beyond my comprehension" and I feel overwhelmed when I think of the love that the bible tells me He has for me.

So with all that has to get done daily; it will get done but my first priority is Him. Then His strength will do what needs to be done. WOW..
Thanks for the encouragement.

Post a Comment

Home